Gmail or Yahoomail?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by 003 • May 12, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am using both Gmail and Yahoomail. Personally, I prefer Gmail. It looks neater and simple, not confusing to use, unlike the Yahoomail, where there some ads even on your own mail displayed which are very destructing. Gmail is silent but very efficient, even more efficient than Yahoomail. You what do you prefer?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use G-mail because I don't have any other options. Most of the clients I work with store their documents and G-Drive. Since you need to have a Google account to access G-Drive and I spend most of the day using documents on the site, having another email address would would not be too convenient for me.

By the way I only used Yahoo before Google entered the picture but once they did, heck, I lost interest in Yahoo and all it's products. As for which is better, I think Google beats Yahoo anytime.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My first email address was with Yahoo. I still have it! But I hardly ever use it. It just go overrun with spam. Someone sent me an invest to Gmail and I jumped at it. Initially Gmail was only available by invitation only. I love Gmail, but there have so many changes lately. I really don't like being forced into Google Plus.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've used Gmail ever since I switched to them many many years ago because it was just a lot more refined in terms of its system, but I've recently just checked out and made an account on Yahoo again and it seems they have caught up, although I'm still probably going to stick with Gmail anyway since I'm so used to it already. Additionally, my friends also all use Gmail and it's very convenient for me to use to chat with them just using my email window, whereas I'd have to use a separate messenger if I opted for Yahoo.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    These days I go with Gmail. My first e-mail address was on Yahoo but since then their service went downhill. Too many ads, slow loading times, spam and they even deleted one of my older accounts with the reason that I haven't used it in a long time. What gives? Gmail is fast loading and I get less spam. Plus, I have the option to link all my stuff together under one account. So even if both are free, I like Gmail best.

6. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I hopped on the Gmail bandwagon back when it was still in its invite only stage. I haven't looked back. The interface is clean, simple, and very easy to use. Not only that, but the security and spam filtering are second to none. I also really like the fact that a Gmail account also entitles you to Google's other services- Google Drive, YouTube, etc. To me it's the best email provider out there, and that's not any sort of Google fanboyism on my part. It just is.

7. sully3333

sully3333Member

Threads:
    Gmail tends to work a lot better on my Android phone, so I tend to prefer that over my Yahoo account. However, I did start with a Yahoo email, but eventually I just stopped using it and completely switched to Gmail.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have both but I can't decide which one I detest more. Yahoo tends to crash a lot and not to mention you get a lot of spam. I suppose Gmail is better overall but it pisses me off that the YouTube and search is linked to the Gmail. Also, even though Gmail gets way less spam you can't block addresses like you can with Yahoo. I also find the background more plain then today's Yahoo but that's a minor detail.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I pretty much always use Gmail at this point.

Like NickChick mentioned, I'm not fond of Google trying to integrate all its services into single usernames. I don't want to be connected all over the place.

As an email service, though, Gmail seems to be superior over Yahoo (and MSN, for that matter).

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a Gmail guy. I always find Gmail to be more versatile and easy to use compared to Yahoo mail. Also, Gmail is much faster compared to Yahoo mail since it doesn't have those design heavy UI that seems to bog down the whole system.

11. pklatonja

pklatonjaNew Member

Threads:
    I use Gmail, and it just seems more professional, ofcourse I also use my photography address with my amphoto.ba websait domain, but it is also connected to my gmail account. And that's what I love about my gmail account. I can connect my university, my professional and all other accounts to it and send e-mails and recieve like those addresses.

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly stick with Gmail. I prefer the overall simplicity and options available within it.

I do have a Yahoo mail account, and while they have improved immensely, I am still running into some problems with it. Some companies and services will simply not accept Yahoo email accounts for signing up for things - they likely associate them with throwaway spam accounts. The other issue I am having is that some mail just won't come through for some reason. I will sign up at a forum or at some company's web site for a trial of something, and the confirmation email never arrives. I've tried disabling any spam filters or any other filters, and the mail just gets lost. Also, when it comes to filtering, it's a lot less intuitive than GMail. I still have some emails coming in to my Yahoo mail account that I do not want. The company's "unsubscribe" option is a lie, they keep sending emails to me on a daily basis even though I've unsubscribed like 5+ times already. But I even set up filters in Yahoo to remove this stuff from my inbox, but it still comes in.

I also have a Live.com email address as well as my own personal domain as an email address, both set up within Outlook - but Outlook these days is so incredibly slow and laggy, that I hate using it with a passion. Every time you set up fiters to automatically move known spam to the deleted items or junk mail folder, it still notifies you of those being unread in those folders, so they look like alerts, which is annoying as hell. Also for some reason, the whole program completely clams up for like 20-30 seconds at a time when jumping between the inbox to the deleted items or any other views. I hardly have any emails and it's already doing this, and my computer is only a year old.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have both. Yahoo does not let some of my emails through the filters. I like gmail because I do not need to go thru as many hoops to get to my emails. I have several gmail and one hotmail that I have had every since I started online.

14. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think anybody has really used Yahoo Mail since 2008. Gmail is a much better alternative, and allows you to connect to all their other services which is quite useful. Yahoo mail is generally dwindling and most people have grown to dislike it. It also might not look very provfessional for a job interview. I would go with Gmail.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still using Yahoomail, simply because it'd be too much of a hassle to change all my contacts and things i've signed up for to a new gmail account. Overall though, I've never really been unhappy with the Yahoomail service or really had too much of a problem with spam.

It might be worth getting a gmail account for more a more professional setting though.

16. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I primarily use g-mail because it's just easier to have one account for mail, browser, Adsense, and Youtube. Also, the service is very good, plus the additional things like Google docs are extremely helpful.

17. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I have both, but I only tend to use my Gmail account because its linked to my GooglePlus account and my business. I write content for a living and tend to share a lot of what I do on Google+, so its just easier for me to use my Gmail account.

18. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I use both yahoomail and Gmail. I send all the possible spam and unwanted mail to my yahoo account. I keep my gmail account clean for business purposes. It seems as though Gmail is far more secure and easier to work.

19. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    GMail all the way. I have multiple GMail accounts and it's really easy to manage each and switch between them. Not to mention that GMail has way better spam mail filters and HTML lightweight version.

Though Google did annoy me a little with constant Google+ offers, but it seems they stopped doing that a while ago.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still use Yahoo Mail until now, and I'm quite content using it. I don't want to switch permanently to Gmail, because I had some of my emails lost or deleted when I'm the only one logging in. And from my research, some Gmail users also experienced that. So I guess it's more safe to use Yahoo Mail than Gmail.