Go Girl Female Urination Device

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kana_marie • May 6, 2015.

1. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    image. Come on girls, be honest... How many times have you had to squat while all the guys stood up where ever they wanted? And how many times have you wanted to write your name in the snow, but couldn't? All the benefits of being a man are available for women, now! The Go Girl female urination device allows you to stand up and go anywhere! No more squatting or haveing to find a bathroom. Just slip this on and you're ready to go! Lmao

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is absolutely no way I would use this in front of men as shown in the ad , because having to pull down your pants in front of men isn't really striking a blow for feminism. But it could be useful if you're taking a long road trip and have to pee in the woods. I'm not sure why they're promoting it as a "be the boss " penis envy thing when they could just advertise that it's useful for camping.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, nobody's expecting a woman to use the device alongside women, especially not the company. It's a clever marketing strategy that will maximize sales, even though said sales will likely be low anyways. Marketing it as a camping tool makes it a niche product more so than targeting it at all women that want "more power". Good marketing strategy, questionable use product, and low overall sales potential.

4. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Standing in between 2 men like that is what originally appealed to me. That's how I've always gotten ahead at work. When they look over and see that you're a powerful enough woman to use a plastic penis, well then they know you're not afraid to pee with the big dogs!

5. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    Can I tell you that I am super excited to see this? I've always said the only reason I would ever want to be a man is so I could pee standing up. I hate having to squat or wait in lines. It's a pain in the butt. Has anyone tried it yet? I have a feeling this is a gift my grandpa would give all of us! He gave us emergency pee bags one year.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahahaha! Whew, I'm still laughing at some of these posts. You guys are hilarious.

Pee bags as gifts? I've heard of practical gift giving, but wow, that one takes all. Maybe he will get you one of these!

Yeah, useful for long road trips or camping maybe, but this ad wouldn't sell me at all. I don't see it as a good marketing strategy, but then again, I have never felt the urge to stand and pee next to men either. I guess some people do, but I think most who are attracted by that reason will also be equally offended at the use of the word "girl" in the name. Just sayin'.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they prefer to be referred to as "womyn" don't they!

8. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it. But I'm a little skeptical. Have you ever had to pee in a cup that had the mouth the size and shape of this one? The truth is, those cups aren't exactly "sealed" around the edges. While the convienance of peeing standing up is the only real "penis envy" women get, it isn't worth it if you're going to risk getting it all over yourself and your clothes. I don't have any evidence that its a real risk, but I still think it might be.

9. kofter128

kofter128New Member

Threads:
    As a man, I gotta say that if I see someone of my girl friends using this, I'll drop on the floor laughing right away, BUT that is just because that is who I am. In general I wouldn't make fun of a woman or judge her for making her life a little bit easier. Girls don't be ashamed, go for it.

10. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leave it to you, Ms. Kana-Marie to bring us this! :D I started laughing all over again now. Thanks a lot for drawing us that picture.

Who knows? The thing might actually work. It does have its uses if it works properly. My first thought upon seeing it was, yep, my mom always says, "You need to invent something. Some people will buy anything."

Let's brainstorm. What crazy thing can we invent and label "as seen on TV." I'm ready to cash in.

11. missbishi

Threads:
    Well, my first thought was about the capacity! You could certainly be at risk of "overspill", sometimes it feels like you're peeing for queen and country anyhow so I do hope that the designers considered this!

12. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pet name for "womyn" like that. I might get in trouble for posting it, though. Don't get me wrong, a good woman should be powerful! The "submissive woman in the kitchen" role is so outdated! But... It's ridiculous to appeal to a woman's yearning for power and equality by giving her a plastic penis. Since when is THAT what it takes to get anywhere??

13. missbishi

Threads:
    i know exactly what you mean @kana_marie@kana_marie. Yes, equality is important but that doesn't mean we need to be completely anti-man at the same time!

14. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I was making BLTs the other night. And I thought it would be so much easier if it was in a small roll on deodorant bottle. Honest opinion?? The hardest part will be cleaning all the deodorant off the ball.

I managed to leave the most important detail out... Mayo in the bottle. Lol

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not shocked that they are promoting it in this way. We live in a patriarchal society. Femininity is looked down upon, and masculinity is praised - a goal to spire to almost. Girls can wear male clothing, but the moment that a man puts on a dress - a classic female symbol - he is ridiculed and looked down upon. In the lesbian community, masculinity in women is revered and much sought after. Femininity is often met with skepticism, which you wouldn't think would be the case, since lesbians are supposed to be into women. Yet in the gay male community, feminine men are looked down upon. Noticing a pattern? I feel like femininity - as well as feminine traits - is seen as this demeaning thing in our society almost. Because of those reasons, and more, I can't say I'm shocked about how they are marketing this.

It's basically, 'women, pee like a man, and you'll almost be on the same level as men. You'll be on your way to being a boss,' which is all kinds of wrong.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought of transgendered people. Female to male transgendered people. That's the only use I can justify for such a device, personally.

They are marketing it as a penis envy thing, because it reinforces where the 'elites' feel a woman's place in society is, versus a man's place, because as you said, they easily could have marketed this in other ways. More culturally friendly ways. But no. If you study a lot of adverts, you will also notice a trend. Adverts that are geared towards men are often empowering. Adverts that are geared towards women play on our insecurities. It's shocking when you see it in action.

#15May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
  16. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You make me smile. Yeah, it helps to add the mayo bit. ;)

I was thinking, what the... deodorant on a BLT??? I guess I need more coffee, because it took me a while to catch on. Haha.

It would be nice if there were an easier way to do mayo. They do have the squeezable ones now, but yeah, if there were a way to also spread when you're doing the assembly line thing with a bunch of sandwiches that would be cool. Of course, you'd need one for mustard and possibly other condiments as well.

17. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I've used a go girl. It's useful when hiking/backpacking and it's nice when the bathrooms are gross, like port-a-potties at a festival. Using a female urination device like this is easier and less messy than hovering...but it's not as simple as a man standing at a urinal. It requires some practice to get it right and mess-free. If using it with pants or a skirt, they should be fairly loose in the crotch area or slid down a bit. The top of the device has to be tight to your skin. I've never had trouble with overflowing it and it actually works best if you REALLY have to go because then it flows out with power instead of dribbling (sorry, maybe TMI).

That particular advertisement is sort of offensive and doesn't seem likely to gain customers. They'd be better off appealing to people who worry about clean restrooms or lack of restrooms.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is exactly what I was thinking. This is a useful device for going to the bathroom when a clean bathroom isn't available. But to suggest that someone can't be a boss because they pee sitting down is sexist and backward. The product is an okay idea. The ad isn't well thought out.

19. VictorSalza

VictorSalzaMember

Threads:
    That has to be the strangest thing I’ve seen in awhile. I wonder if they’re offering a discount on it? They could get a few people here to buy one if they offer a coupon.

20. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    That would have to be a killer coupon to convince me. I can definitely see the appeal... Especially if it works as well and as clean as they want you to think. It isn't for me, though. I would buy one to show my friends,"hey! Look at this! I swear its real, lol"
    But I couldn't use it. If I'm not sitting down to "go", I'd be uncomfortable. It just doesn't feel natural. Even camping I have to fight off the desire to say forget it and run off.