Goats Milk: Do you drink it?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by allswl • Oct 16, 2014.

1. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Goats' milk is closest to cows' milk nutritionally than anything else on the market. Goat milk is different however in terms of its some of its physical properties. Those persons who have issues with cows' milk wont have the same problems drinking goats' milk especially if they are lactose intolerant. Here are some key features of goats milk:
    Less allergenic proteins
    Easily digestible fats and proteins
    Lower in Lactose
    Plenty of calcium
    Naturally lower in cholesterol
    Blood pressure friendly
    A good source of key vitamins
    Prebiotic

Do you guys drink goats milk?

2. Mrs Time

Mrs TimeNew Member

Threads:
    I have had goats milk, and found it very like cows milk. I liked it just fine. Haven't had any for a lot of years though.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never drank goats milk before, and I certainly would want to try it. It seems like it's not really that visible in supermarkets, though. Maybe it can be bought in wet markets.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have never even tasted it, but I would love to try it actually. Where can you buy it? I've looked in several stores but they never seem to stock it. Apart from at the farm directly, I don't have I could where I could get some. Also how would you say the taste compares to cows milk?

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever tastes goat milk, but it can't be too far off from cow milk, which I love drinking.
    I have had goat's milk cheese though and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

6. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I do not because of the price. I know there are a number of raw goat milk dairies in the area, but they are all herd share because that's what you have to do here to get around the pasteurization laws. I can't afford it and I don't have the transportation to go to the farm to pick it up. I have nothing against goat milk though. I love goat cheese very much so I would be happy to drink goat milk as well.

7. florida2015

florida2015Member

Threads:
    I have never drank goats milk before, so I definitely would want to try it. It doesn't seem to be visible in the supermarkets where I go. I currently drink Lactaid 2% lactose intolerant milk. It's good and I cook with it just like whole milk. I use it in homemade macaroni and cheese. I have had goat cheese at Italian restaurants. That is really good. I recommend that as another milk source in the diet. The cheese is easier to find.

8. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I've never drank goat milk but I've had traditional candies and sweets made with it and they were tasty, maybe even better than the variations made with cow milk. I would be open to tasting it but I wouldn't buy it. It's more expensive and harder to find, and I'm not even a big milk drinker.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had goat cheese before but not goat's milk. The only way that my local store sells it is powdered and I don't like any powdered milk.
    If I found goat's milk in liquid form, I would try it.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard that goat's milk is very nutritious but I've never had a taste. Since goats are known to have a strong stench, I wonder if the milk doesn't smell as bad?

p.s I've tasted camel's milk and it's taste is no different from cow's milk.

11. LadyMiles

LadyMilesMember

Threads:
    I remember living on a farm when I was younger and if I am correct my father brought home goats milk for us to try. I recall liking it as it was similar to cows milk. Another thing I tried back then was milk form the farm itself, I don't remember much about how he got it, maybe straight from the cow. I haven't had either in years but after reading the information you posted about goats milk I may look into trying it again in the near future as I was diagnosed as lactose intolerant so that may be an alternative to cows milk being it is lower in lactose. Thanks for that bit of information.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Goat's milk taste more like creamer than cow's milk so I'll never go back to drinking straight cow milk again (I used to drink the creamer). You can only get it at Wegman's though. The only problem with it is it gets chalky at the bottom.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have always drank cow milk and never thought about drinking goat milk. I am not sure why exactly is the reason may be because it is not very common over here. I also think cow milk is much better than goat milk hence I will stick to come milk forever.

14. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    Interesting! Thank you for the information. I've had almond milk as an alternative to cow's milk, but have yet to try goat's milk. I'm pretty lucky in that I don't have any health issues with drinking cow's milk, but tried almond milk as an alternative when trying to lose weight. For me it didn't make any difference but I know that it can be a huge difference with some people. Where can you buy goat's milk? I'd like to try it some time!

15. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I think all milk tastes the same. Be it from cow, goat... and CAMEL - which I have all tasted already. They just differ from the creaminess (I guess). The tastes are all the same. But I think, most prefer to have their milk from a cow maybe because they are used to it. I don't mind it at all.