Godaddy: One difficult site to use

Discussion in Product Reviews started by artifactsofmars • Jul 10, 2012.

1. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    Does anybody here use GoDaddy for their Internet hosting? Is it just me or does it seem like every time you click, it is a sales link of some kind?
    I have tried and tried to navigate that site and it always seems like you click one link and it turns out to be a sales link, then it leads to another sales link and so on.
    I used to be on dial up and would take the 45 minutes to an hour sometimes to wade through all the sale links the find what I was looking for. Not only do they incessantly spam your inbox, but you have to wade through all this garbage to get the useful links to upload something.
    I have not found Godaddy to be an especially good bargain. It just seems like for the price they are very expensive on all of their services. I wanted the group's opinion on this.

#1Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use GoDaddy when they have special sales for domain names. The user interface is not very user friendly at all. That's one of the reasons I don't really use them for much else. Their pages are cluttered (overly so) with links to other sales and stuff. It's challenging to get to where you need to get to on their site.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I have looked at that site before, and I found it difficult to use. Like you mention, too many pop-up ads. Also, I've seen better deals elsewhere.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh my, I would die trying to use dialup for a site like that. I don't find it difficult to use, but I do think you need to be willing to block out ads and sales pitches if you're going to spend much time on the site at all. Some of the offers are great, but it can get rather annoying.

5. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    GoDaddy is a relatively convoluted site. I still use them for hosting, because their hosting interface isn't too bad and the renewal fee was about the same as their competitors. However for simply registering a domain name, they are very overpriced and I won't be buying from them again. Even after the barrage of email deals and advertisements everywhere, just about any other registrar has .com registration for better prices.

6. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have only used Go Daddy for domain registry, not hosting, so I have no idea how eay or tough it is to use...I am actually looking elsewhere due to the increase in cost for domain registry that I've seen with them lately. Plus, they just seem to be chock full of "other" services they want to charge you for...just feeling a little overwhelmed by them.

7. artifactsofmars

artifactsofmarsMember

Threads:
    I was on Godaddy yesterday doing some upgrades and it was a little cleaner. They have radically changed the format but have not much eased things as far as getting around the site. I did OK on it and they said I have advertising credits that are unused. I will have to look at that.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The few times I have tried to use the site I would get confused and click off. Just too much stuff on the site.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised to hear that anyone uses this service because I always considered them a crank service due to their commericals. Naked ladies and no real information do not a trustworthy service make.

10. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes yes yes
    Crappiest hosting site ever.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    GoDaddy isn't my first hosting choice. Have you tried NameCheap or HostGator?

12. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    It is a bit of a weird site really, you would think they'd want it to be super user friendly, but after about 2 minutes of being on there I usually give up! I did use them a while ago, and when I had a problem their customer service was completely useless as well.

13. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    I do not like Go Daddy hosting. I feel it is a waste of money and my time. Instead, I only buy my domains there. I Keep all of my hosting at Square Space for a decent price and a great editing system. Blows Word Press out of the water.

With square Space you don't need to hire a programmer to finish code for you. All of the tools are build in and accessible.

Go Daddy is very difficult to navigate through so I don't bother. Really, don't waste your time. It's not worth using. Stick with Square Space.

14. rattanchauhan

rattanchauhanNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, i don't think godaddy is recommendable site. It has so many crappy things that one should better refrain from it. The site itself is not that clean and easy to use and after that the customer service is not a good experience too.

15. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe I am old-fashioned but I don't like doing business with people whose idea of professionalism is not what I expect it to be. The most striking example, of course, is the use of sex to sell domain registrations and hosting. I cannot, for the life of me, see what is the connection between a sexy girl and a reliable hosting plan. What I do see is that the people behind the service thinks that using sex is a good way to attract customers, which doesn't tell me anything good about their own attitude to life in general.

16. wickerbaskets

wickerbasketsNew Member

Threads:
    I actually just made a new site on Godaddy and the interface that they use with the Wordpress seems really annoying and difficult to get the hang of. The thing is, I hear that this interface is actually the easiest to use one, and is created for people who might not be as website-savvy. I really don't like that it takes so much to simply change a font or a color of something on the site. I wish they could just have easier to use menus and customization.

17. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, I'm guilty.

I've been using Godaddy for the past three years for domain registration and hosting. I really have no excuse. Yes, they try to upsell you like mad and yes, their customer service is sub-par. But Danica Patrick is just so gorgeous! That commercial seduced me into it and I just have not wanted to go through the trouble to transfer everything over.

Seriously, though, if you're thinking of going with Godaddy, you should take my advice: "Godaddy: Not even once!"

18. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I use Hostgator for my hosting. I cannot and will not go back to GoDaddy for hosting. I have used it once as a free service and it would take ten to fifteen minutes for the site to load. This was a terrible thing and made it impossible for me to upgrade the site let alone get any visitors to the site!

19. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    When I was first looking for a hosting company, i narrowed my two choices to Godaddy and HostGator. It was all of the stories about the problems with Godaddy that made me decide on Hostgator. It looks like I made the right decision from all that I have heard.

20. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use Godaddy for my hosting but I was fortunate enough to win recently, a free domain at Godaddy for one whole year. I am currently trying to sell it for some paypal cash.