Godzilla 2014.

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by daimashin • Aug 25, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    When I read some of the reviews stating that the movie was boring I thought it was going to be worse than the 98' version. I watched it any way since I'm a fan of Godzilla, glad I did. I was thoroughly surprised to see how much it followed the old Godzilla movies. Although I appreciate the pacing, I wished that the movie gave a more in depth explanation on Godzilla's origin. Newcomers may not know what's going on as the movie only gave a brief "talk" about the origins.

I think the director did a brilliant job with the character and movie. If you've enjoyed the classic films definitely don't miss this one.

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing could really be worst than the 98' version though...
    I haven't seen it yet. But the trailer looked pretty cool. I'm also down for any movie with Walter White.
    Lot's of people complained that there was too little action in the movie. How can that be?

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Actually there are a lot of action scenes, just not what people wanted the scenes to be. I like that the director went the route of minimizing the fight scenes to build up anticipation. It's the old Godzilla movies formula. My other gripe is that Bryan Cranston was completely wasted in the movie, wasn't utilized properly and missed opportunity.

4. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    I had my doubts when I bought tickets and went to see the new Godzilla film. After all the crappy Godzilla films that came out in recent years, I wasn't expecting much from this new one. Well, suffice it to say that I ended up really liking this new film. It was great. The pacing, the plot, the graphics, the special effects, and even the acting were all beyond decent. I truly enjoyed the film. And I can't wait to get my hands on a DVD copy for all the extra features and perks and behind the scenes footage. :)