Going Away Present

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Liv6 • Jun 24, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    My cousin and her two young children are moving soon as her husband has secured an incredibly well-paying job halfway across the country from where they currently live. I'm afraid that I won't see them for quite some time, maybe even for a couple of years. They're moving in August. What would be a great going-away present that the whole family could enjoy?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I were you I'd make them a special gift. You see if you give them something which you make yourself it's always a reminder that they got that gift from their good friend. And it should be something the family sees often. IMHO, a really good gift for your cousin would be a hand-embroidered door mat.

Or you could get something nice on etsy and add some improvements to it.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot relate to you because we have a different culture. However, when friends from a foreign country would leave, we give them going away present. It would either be cashew nuts or dried mango. Those 2 items are not common in the Americas and Europe so that's our usual gift to foreigner friends.

4. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately do not have the skill set to create a hand-embroidered door mat, and I'm sure that it would probably fall apart if I tried. :p However, I think you're right; I'll see what I can make for them. I personally have had no experience with shopping on etsy, but if all else fails, I'll probably end up purchasing something on there. Thank you!