Going to concert but going to feel like a fish out of water

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nickchick • Sep 22, 2013.

1. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I doubt anyone can advise me but I payed for VIP for a concert. It would have been way too much for me to pay for VIP or even just sound check for anyone else. I don't know what to do. Mom and friend that is going don't care but as much as I am a loner, I get uncomfortable sitting by myself in public places so it would be especially awkward sitting by myself at a concert. The worst part is I feel like I'm going to sit next to girls that are the reason why I hate the fanbase. Obviously I have to sit by myself during sound check which I understand but it is probably going to make it harder to sneak back to sit with my group. I don't know how I could pull it off. I feel like I'd get lost and security would make me sit by myself. I know this is lame but I feel like I'm not going to have much fun.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Don't you have anyone else that could go with you? Who is going to play in that concert? How much did you payed for it?

3. Nickchick

Threads:
    That's my point. I can't sit with my group because we can't afford that much. It's the Jonas Brothers. The VIP package was like 300 dollars. Apparently security gets more relaxed when the lights go down. I just feel so weird sneaking. I guess they can sneak up to me but that might make me feel guilty later.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the obvious answer, but it would have been better if you had bought the same tickets as your friends...can't you try to sell the VIP and then get the same one as they did? Maybe it's better to be away with friends than VIP alone?
    On the positive side, in concerts like these nobody even notices or cares who is around them, and when the concert starts you will be so excited you won't even see who is around you!

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I do not feel like you have to go to a concert with friends at all. Having friends are having people who share something with you. Be that experiences, history, likes, & dislikes. You have an opportunity to meet people who also do not like the majourity fan base of this band. Take advantage of that. You could not possibly be the only person there who feels that way & the only way to find that out is to step out of the bubble we sometimes put ourselves into at places where people gather.

I'm going to add this, though it may have nothing to do with the answering the initial topic:
    Please, I beg of you, do not watch the show through your phone or camera. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. You are there to experience something. You could be watching it on YouTube later but you chose to go to the show & have an experience. So, have one! Also, you are likely blocking someones view. But that is a whole other monster. Enjoy yourself & try to find a stranger you want to share that with.

6. Nickchick

Threads:
    Thanks for the advice. I never got to go because they cancelled and you may have heard by now that they broke up but I will keep this in mind because they're still planning to do music so I may run into this again if I see one of them during their solo tours.