Going To The Movie Theathers

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MiMichelle • Nov 12, 2015.

1. MiMichelle

MiMichelleMember

Threads:
    With tickets being so expensive now for a movie I rarely go to the movie theater anymore and will just wait for it to come out on dvd.
    The only movie I am currently planning on watching is the last Hunger Games and that is only because I've watched the rest and even though I've read the book I want to see how they play it out on screen.

What does it take for you to go to spend money on the movie theaters now a days?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only movies I'd watch in theaters are 3D movies. Thing though is we have no theater in our small town [they wouldn't make a lot of money showing movies here] so like it or not, I have to wait for the DVDs and buy them when people start selling their used copies.

You can save some money on movie tickets with Fandago coupons.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm much more picky we the movies it watch in theaters these days because for one thing TVs are already widescreen and huge so it's not so bad watching movies at home anymore, and another thing is that most movies nowadays look a bit too generic to me so I mostly just wait for unique ones that come along, and even then they should have something that would make me want to see it in a cinema as opposed to just waiting for the home video release. The new planet of the apes movies are a good example of what movies make me make the effort to go to cinemas because it had great stories and they were very well made with lots of action that was cool to see on a big screen. Other ones that are made just for profit and lack heart don't appeal to me that much anymore.

4. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    That's very different between watching a movie in theatre and on DVD..

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband was privileged to be given an annual pass for the movies courtesy of the censors board - he was appointed a deputy. Where before we would examine very well what the movie is all about, because it is expensive at more than $5 for the ticket, now we would be watching if the title suits our taste buds. Last weekend we watched the local movie OLDSKOOL which we thought was a comedy but turned out to be straight drama, so sad because there were only 2 people in the audience.... me and my husband.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hardly go to the movie theatres these days. Perhaps every three months would be fine but when there's nothing to occupy my time at theatres, I simply stream movies at home. At times, I buy DVDs on sale and watch them straight from my laptop. If not, I flick the TV on and head over to HBO, Star Movies or Kix to see the latest movie offerings.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going to see a movie is more of a social thing rather than to just see the movie. The only one I want to see is Star Wars, because everyone will be discussing it anyhow and so I need to see if and probably can't wait for the DVD. It is expensive, but you can get cheap tickets. I refuse to go with bunch of friends and then they choose something lame; I don't need to go out that badly and waste my money.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We've taken to waiting for the DVDs to come out as going to the cinema has become way too expensive. I don't even remember the last time I watched a movie. I have cut right back, even watching them on DVD, ever since I started my online work. My husband is always downloading them, and also gets the DVDs. I don't think we're missing out all that much.

9. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    We have the same sentiments about going to the movies. Tickets are very expensive nowadays and it is not worth it for me anymore to spend a lot of money for roughly 120 minutes in the theater house. It also messes up my budget because I am always tempted to buy snacks, like popcorn and soda when watching the movie. I have not been to the theaters recently, and I will wait for the DVD of movies that were shown this 2015. There were some movies that I watched which were blockbusters, but only a few and the other non-blockbuster ones are those I will be waiting for on home media.

10. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I really can't justify the expense of paying to sit on uncomfortable seats - surrounded by people eating loud food - as well as fidgets and usually someone with big hair directly in front of me - I doubt very much that there is anything that would persuade me to visit a movie theater - let alone willingly pay for what to me would be a far from pleasant experience.

Especially when there is no need to and even less so now that we now live in the age of Smart TVs and Media Players which enable you to watch almost anything you want to in the comfort of your own home - where not only is the experience way, way more enjoyable as you at least have some degree of control over your environment and can sit in a comfortable chair - but its generally free too.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going to the movies is usually a family get together for me. I do not like a lot of the movies that are out now enough to pay the price that is asked for the tickets. The cost of popcorn is insane at the movies which takes the fun out of watching a movie. I can wait and see it on tv.

12. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Only time I go to the theaters anymore is if a new Harry Potter or Twlight is out only because I get so excited I can't wait! Other than that I rather wait for movies to hit vudu or redbox to watch them. A movie has to be pretty good for me to go watch it. Lol

13. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    Me and the kiddos just go to the dollar movies, even if it's one of those really exciting ones. It's not going to kill them to wait a little longer to see it. We usually sneak in candy and snacks from the Dollar Tree.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know. I went to the cinema a couple of months ago to see that new movie The Visit. It was a spectacular movie, and weird and different, which I loved. But when I walked into the move theater and paid for my ticket, I almost fainted when the lady behind the counter told me that it would be £9 for a ticket. Prices are ridiculous. I remember when tickets were £7.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think only when the movie that I'm planning to watch has some CGI on it then I think that's the only time that I will watch it in the movie house. Apart from that, I will just watch the movie online or I will just buy a pirated disk.

16. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I go to the cinema whenever there is a new movie coming out that I like to see. Two days ago I was at Star Wars Rogue One and it was awesome. I like going to the cinema more than watching a movie home, because then you can see it in better quality, in a bigger screen and sometimes in 3d. Also there are people there where you can socialize and talk about the movies afterwards. The sound is also really great with the bass. I really like going to the cinema.

17. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    In the past I would be at the theatre almost every weekend bit then tickets were cheaper and I had more time on my hands.

Now that time is an issue I rarely visit the theatre and I have lost the track of new releases too.

18. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Since our local two movies theaters had been phased out and it took us to travel 45 kilometers to the capital city to see the movies in big cinemas, I had never been gone to the movies anymore. That is true, movie tickets in big movies in the mall are to expensive but they're worth buying them for the comfort which the movie could offer like the aircon, the vastness of the screen, the sensoround audio, among others. I am excited to see the new movie of the Spider-Man: Homecoming which is to be released next year 2017 July 17.

19. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    The last movie I watched in the theaters was the sixth movie in the Fast and Furious franchise which was years ago. I do love watching movies but I rarely have the urge to watch a movie on the big screen. If ever I would watch in a theater again, I think it would be the The Fate of the Furious since I've watched all of the first ones and I do love all of them.

20. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely go to the movie theater for two main reasons, one the time is actually not there for me and secondly the arbitrary raise in tickets into the movies is a turn off for me as well. Once in a long while when I feel like entertaining someone outside my own home I do visit movie theaters not minding the cost since it's a thing I do rarely.