Gold vs. Silver Jewelry

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by themotleyshopper • Apr 9, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I am a complete silver addict. My mom is a gold addict. We got to chatting about jewelry and it made me wonder what the general consensus is. I don't really know why I prefer silver over gold, I just feel like it goes with more of my clothing. My mom swears that Gold is always in style and that most people wear gold. I disagree. So we'll put it to you guys, lol. Do you wear more silver or gold?

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love both.. I have a whole lot of Gold jewelry that has come as a part of my trousseau from my mother and some from my grandmother.. I love and treasure them.. I also love some pieces of Silver jewelry that I have collected over the years. I wear them to match the look that I am wearing that day. I love both silver and gold. I am allergic to other metals used in fashion jewelry so I have to avoid them.

3. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I guess I should add that I don't "dislike" gold, I just prefer silver. I have seen quite a few women mix the two and it always looks nice. I'm always surprised at how many people are allergic to costume jewelry. So many companies use nickel in their metal, this is what turns your skin green, and so many people have allergic reactions to it. It's a cheaper way to strengthen the metal. I'll stick with the good stuff, lol.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know why but I much prefer silver to gold. I wanted to buy a Millwall bracelet recently but decided to wait because they only had gold ones in stock. I can only guess that we like the colour of silver better.

5. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I like both gold and silver and I have an equal number of both in accessory items. I mostly wear gold, because I love the way it looks with the outfits I wear. I then to wear a lot of different colors/fabrics that coordinate better with gold than silver.

6. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    You and your mom are just like my mom and I. I love Silver or White Gold jewelry. I like it because I feel it goes better with my skin complexion and look better on me. When I was younger she use to purchase a lot of Gold for me, but as I started getting older and could voice my opinion I started letting her know and ever since if she purchases me something its silver or white gold and I get her gold.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like silver a lot better than gold I just think silver goes good with anything and you can wear it with a casual outfit or a fancy gold is to much for me I feel like it's just to much I don't know I just know I am a silver addict lol

8. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I like both but most of my items I have are pretty much gold. But I do like wearing silver when I am attending a wedding or something I think it's looks classier and stands out for that type of event. My mom wears silver all the time, I think most people are beginning to like silver more and seems like the demand for gold is going down.

9. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    Silver!! I think silver matches more things. But since I like it, it's all I have.... so it's all I wear.

10. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    Personally I prefer silver, not because it's cheaper or anything like it. I like it because of its color, love the silver's color compared to gold and I think it's a little more elegant too.

I usually shop for jewelry because of my girlfriend and since she's not a big fan of gold I grew used to silver a lot more so it grew on me. I do recognize there are different colors for gold, white gold and even pink. White gold is the closest to silver I can get but when I look at the price tag I'll just end up buying silver every time.

11. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Off-hand, I would say that, as a metal, gold is more valuable than silver. However as a crafted item, silver may be more valuable. This is because the number of silversmiths is dwindling. Well, where I live anyway. So to be able to get a piece of handcrafted silverware is quite a find. Makes a good investment, too. Anything handmade improves in value over time.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love silver more than gold too. I think they are less pricier and my life is more safe wearing them. I can flaunt a gold bracelet going downtown but I'd be able to do that with a silver one.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Although gold is more valuable I always look at silver as the more valuable metal for some reason.
    I always gravitate towards wearing silver jewelry because I am a very fair complexion and I feel that this color always does the best job in complimenting my skin tone.

14. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes, you can certainly do that with a silver ornament. In fact, you can get mileage in terms of attention if you are wearing a silver piece that's handcrafted with traditional design. Those items are not very common nowadays.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like wearing jewelry or accessories, but if I were to choose, I also prefer silver than gold, maybe because gold is kinda like yellow, and yellow is 1 of my least favorite colors.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer silver over gold. I love the way it looks with my coloring. Gold is okay, but I look better with silver. I really like the silver and gold combination.

17. annagoryun

annagoryunMember

Threads:
    I absolutely adore my silver rings. But to me, silver nowadays is more of an investment. I found out that top cellphone brands will be using silver for some parts to make some cell phone technology. So mass production will cause them to buy tonnes and tonnes of silver. So keep that in mind for when you are choosing between silver and gold..

18. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    I think Silver is more popular because it suitable all the person and it is not a brighten color if we are going outside to the home. But some people wear gold jewellery and also its wear gold plated accessories and many more gadgets but gold color give unique personality and also it is suitable only on some person.
    but i always choose the silver plated accessories because my skin tone match with it.

I Love to buy Product from

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I am also a complete silver addict and can't stand gold jewelry much at all. I will always be looking for silver in anything that I make or buy. Silver to me is fun and it makes me happy when I am wearing it. You know how it sparkles and shines, it give me a beautiful feeling that my eyes is sparkling and shining.

20. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    i like both silver and gold. but i like to wear gold jewelry more than the silver jewelry. It dependence on the person to person choice. some persons likes to wear gold and some likes to wear silver.