Good food for skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by classicnyer • Aug 21, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I read in livestrong.com that the lauric acids in coconut products are good for the skin when eaten. This is good news for me since I have just reintroduced coconuts into my diet again ... and because I'm terrible at keeping up a daily skin regiment. Are there other foods that positively affect the skin when eaten?

2. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Coconut oil is apparently an antiseptic and is a great make-up remover for normal to dry skin. It hydrates the skin while removing all traces of make-up. If you have oily skin, you can use tender coconut water as a remover.

Also, if you include red, yellow and orange fruits and vegetables in your diet, you will have much clearer skin.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Fruits, vegetables and plenty of water is great for maintaining great skin. Also lifestyle elements, like not smoking is key to having great skin too.

4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Food is one of the fundamental pilars to maintain good healthy for our skin. A diet and a balanced lifestyle will be strong allies to look healthy. We need to choose foods that satisfy our daily intake of vitamins and minerals. Vegetables and fruits are essential in this regard, as they help to get vitamins (such as A, B, C and E) involved in the health of the skin and cell renewal processes. Water, on the other hand, is the fuel of our body, and it is for this reason that good hydration is essential to eliminate toxins. Olive oil, nuts and oily fish are also good allies in the care of our skin.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    How do you eat your coconuts? I don't think I've ever had coconuts, but I have heard lots of good things about it being good for hair and skin. A lot of people use coconut oil for healthy hair and skin.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I buy the coconut milk, and that helps to keep my face clear. You can get it at any grocery store it taste almost like water. You can substitute coconut milk in your food such as cereal. I'll have to admit at first it taste a little weird, but I've grown to like it.

7. toughtrasher

toughtrasherNew Member

Threads:
    Any idea why only red, yellow, and orange fruits/veggies provide the benefit of clear skin?
    I eat fruits every day but don't see any difference in skin.

Anyways, would love to know more information about having better skin by eating right.

8. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I love coconut oil! I don't always love the price though. But also any type of greens (kale, spinach, collard, dandelion, etc) are very good for your skin. I often make smoothies with raw greens, because I'm not a big fan of it cooked. Although, I don't mind kale sauteed with some olive oil and garlic. But also healthy fats from nuts, seeds and avocados are amazing for you skin. Organic dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants. Vitamin C is very good for your skin, so citrus fruits are also good. Lastly, tomatoes actually can help protect your skin from the sun as well.

9. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Balanced diet + enough water + exercise + clean sheets/towels on your pillow
    I didn't cut out caffeine and such from diet yet I've been spotless for a long time-- most foods in moderation are ok, also Leafy greens. Green tea (+). Fish Oil. Multivitamins.

10. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Don't forget green tea! With all it's antioxidant benefits, I was just reading today that women who drink green tea have better skin elasticity. Add a squirt of lemon juice in there to boost the antioxidants by 80%.

11. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    Any deep or brightly colored fruit or veggie is super good for your skin. Healthy fats like coconut, olive, nuts and avocados. The key is to drink tons of water.

12. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I know that fish, nuts and foods with the good fat are great for the skin. I usually rub coconut oil on my skin at bedtime. I think i'm going to attempt to incorporate it into my diet. I had no idea that coconut was good for the skin. This also gives me a good reason to buy that coconut water.

13. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Olive oil is also good for the skin - both inside and out. Use it for cooking, and in salad dressings, and as an occasional mask for the skin. It's best to use extra virgin first cold pressing olive oil, as that is more natural because there is less processing involved. All foods rich in vitamins A, C and E are good for the skin. Brightly coloured fruits and vegetables are higher in antioxidants, which mop up the free radicals that can damage skin cells, so include lots of those foods in your diet.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've had coconut milk in cereal once, because I was out of milk, and I have to say it's infinitely superior in taste. I don't eat cereal often, though, so it was kind of a one-time affair.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm always wary about cooking with olive oil because it burns so quickly. I recently got into cooking with coconut oil instead, mostly for that reason, and then I found out about the awesome skin benefits.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have grown really lazy about maintaining any kind of skin regimen. I also have the bad habit of resting my face against my hand, whih eventually results in blemishes if you aren't careful. I find the easiest thing to do is just drink water and keep your face clean.

17. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried making kale chips? I can get in an abundant serving of leafy greens this way. You use basically the same ingredients as you listed above except that they are cooked in the oven for a few minutes. The kale comes out light and crispy and they are so easy to make!

18. chizky

chizkyNew Member

Threads:
    Olive oil is good for the skin. You can use it in your hands and nails for make it more soft. You can also use it as a make up remover. And also you can use sugar as an alternative for facial scrub, you can feel the softness of your skin after you rinse it with water.