Good place for a suit (female)?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Esperahol • Jun 3, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to a lot of interviews now and I want to dress to impress so where would you advise me to find a good, cost-effective suit or even blazer? I hit Ross, but I'm a bit oddly shaped (shoulders like a linebacker and a very large rack) so there wasn't much of a selection.

2. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    A good suit for a woman could be found at dress barn. Also, K&G stores that sells women clothes has tons of women suits as well. They are also sold for good prices and the quality of the suits are pretty good as well.

3. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    Truth be told I bought a last minute interview suit from Target and I actually got the job! It was less than $60.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    If you could find a good tailor or dressmaker near you, that works fast - you could have one made especially for you. It really adds such a touch of sophistication and well, the measurements could be taken for you. If you can find the right one: keep them. Wish I could be of more help but that is the all i can come up with.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you all for the suggestions... I probably should find a tailor due to how very oddly shaped I am.

6. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    You do not sound oddly shaped at all, many women would give their eye teeth for a good rack...and strong shoulders are attractive on women. I knew a very beautiful woman who had a similar description to what you gave...and wow, she used to have suits tailored for her - and she always looked so super amazing in them. Always made me think, that that is the way to go.

If you ever head out to Thailand or Malaysia etc...some people I know get some done there for pennies on the dollar. Looks better than exclusive and you know it has not been made by child labor etc. But you probably do not have time for that now. So, maybe find a good tailor or someone who sows really well (basically, someone not like me)...and it ought to be affordable. (-:

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Best place to find full figured suits in my experience are: Lane Bryant, Chadwicks, Fashion Bug, Sears, Macys, and Roamans. Don't let the department store name fool you. They always have online coupons of some sort that can save you a lot!