Good Prices On Dress Clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Thejamal • Jul 2, 2015.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I'm in the process of updating my work wardrobe with new dress shirts, slacks, ties, etc. The problem is that everywhere I go, shirts and slacks that are decent looking, range from $60+ for each item of clothing. Before I spend a couple hundred dollars for a few new shirts and pants, I'm wondering if anyone has any good alternatives for nice dress clothes at a reasonable rate?

I wouldn't be opposed to shopping online if there was a way I could go to a store and try the shirt on beforehand either.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going to the 2nd hand store to add items to extend your budget is a good idea. You often will find brand new clothes with tags still on them at the 2nd hand stores. I shop at them all the time to give me more value for my money.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know I sound repetitive but I'd still recommend buying dresses, shirts or shoes at wholesale stoles that also offer retail options. I have the tendency to bulk buy because I find it more cost-efficient - not to mention it saves me a lot of time - to do my shopping in one go. That way, I don't have to shop every weekend until I drain my budget. You can go for second hand stores if it floats your boat or, better yet, thrift stores.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just got a promotion so I'm the same as you, trying to update my dress clothes wardrobe!
    I find Marshall's is a great place to find good designer brand dress clothing at good prices! I also just look for sales. Zara is on sale where I live and I just got two Blazers for way cheaper than they normally are!

5. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    If you're not opposed to shopping online then I would suggest checking out ReatilMeNot. It's a great place that you can go to find discounts at many different stores. I usually check it out before I buy something. They will have all the coupons that are active in the stores you want, right now. Like @isabbbela@isabbbela said, Marshalls. That's another place that I would check out becasue they will also have clothing that is cheap, but also very nice.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Appreciate the advice all! I haven't heard of DontPayFull, but I'll definitely be take a look at it. So its not actually a store, but it links you to other stores correct?

Marshalls isn't a store I've gone to yet, but it sounds like they'll have some great deals. I've looked at a few second hand stores, but never really found anything that was an "improvement" on my dress clothes wardrobe. Maybe you guys have better luck in your areas finding good clothes in your area than I do.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I would try going to an off retailer such as TJMaxx, Ross or Marshall's. They have a lot of great name brand clothes that are really good quality for low prices. I get a large majority of my blouses and pants there. I would also check out Macys if you are looking for a whole suit set. They often have deals running and you can usually find a coupon through snipsnap.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I know of some places like 10dollarmall.com where right now they have cyber Monday week sales going on to check if you like their clothes. JosABanks.com has sales all the time throughout the year for suits and dress shirts too. OldNavy.com is another good place for they always have things on sale for the thinner person-not too much for the chubby people at OldNavy.com. Good luck and if you do a lot of online shopping cosider ebates.com where they give money back for shopping online. Good luck with your shopping.

9. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    As already mentioned, if you are not against it, thrift stores are great places to start looking for dress clothes, specifically for dress pants and skirts. If you do not have any good thrift stores nearby or prefer to buy new, Walmart actually has decent dressy casual separates, such as dress pants and shirts. Sears, JCPenney, Kohl's, and New York & Company also regularly have sales and coupons and have a wide selection of dressy casual attire.