Good sites to sell used clothing online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lrd913 • Oct 2, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    Looking to sell clothing that I no longer wear online but I'm not sure how to go about it. I used to sell on eBay a few years ago but I don't want to deal with shipping and selling the clothes.

Any good websites that I can sell my clothes to? Or one that would sell the clothes for me and take a percent? I've seen some different ones but was hoping some of you might have experience with them.

I've looked at Twice and a few others and wanted to know whether you thought it was easy or hard? Fair pricing? Fast payment? Anything like that.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I still think that eBay is still the best site for sellers. Payment is also secured because it is via Paypal. I haven't heard of Twice before, so I will check that out now.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Check your phone book for local consignment stores that might be what you are looking for, or at least a way you can get some of your clothes sold without much effort on your part. I don't know of any sites that buy large amounts of used clothes to resell, I think you might just want to stick with ebay for that, though when I tried it I did not have much luck at all.

4. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    The best and easiest way to sell clothes online is to look for a yard sale or swap and sell page through Facebook based on where you live. They have pages for every are and if you can't find one then you should create one and add your friends and recommend the page to all your friends in the area.

5. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Well, I've never done it before, but I would probably sell old clothes through eBay, craigslist, or just general word of mouth. It all depends on the price I bought the clothing for, and their practicality. If I have an old Tshirt that I barely wear anymore, I'll probably just end up donating it to salvation army. It's not worth the time to post and ad and meet up just for a few dollars from selling that shirt.

6. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends how old the clothes are, if they are older as in vintage I would say go Etsy or Ebay. Otherwise you can use Facebook or Craigslist for clothes your kids outgrew or something like that. You might want to check around, we have a regular weekly printed paper that is local, you can place an ad for free if what you have is under $50. i often see clothes like prom dresses or nice coats and stuff like that. A consignment shop might let you swap yours for someone else's in the shop if it was just clothes you had that you grew tired of. Most of them here look for high end major labels though. If all else fails in the US you can donate to the Goodwill and take the tax write off.

7. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite sites to sell clothing is Poshmark. It is an app that works as an online consignment site. People can purchase your clothing. The buyer pays a flat rate shipping of $4.99. It’s a good way to de-clutter your closet and sell quality items that you may no longer want.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you don't want to deal with shipping then your best bet is to have a garage sale, you'll just sell things from the comfort of your own home. Or try to use Ebay or Craigslist and just meet up with your clients.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We have an online retail shop on ebay and from time to time we have put some used clothing up for sale there. They all got sold eventually but some took a little longer than others and a few items didn't sell at all. I think if you want to sell your clothes online it's a good option to try out and if you want to better your chances then post it in a few other sites as a supplement. If you're in the US I am sure there is a specialized site somewhere where you could sell or maybe even trade your clothes, but if you are just looking to get rid of a few quick and easy then ebay is a good place to start in my opinion.