Goodwill Stores

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dorothymoreno • Mar 22, 2013.

1. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at Goodwill stores, they usually have some really nice items to purchase and for a pretty good price at times. There have been some times when the prices are a little high, but the majority of the time I find some pretty good deals, especially on furniture. We have two Goodwill stores here and the only problem I do have with one of the stores here is some of the employees are that they can be kinda of rude, but that is just at one of the ones I go to.

What do you like or dislike about Goodwill Stores?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like good will for furniture but as far as clothes I don't like it cause they try to charge prices that I could use to get brand new clothes they charge between 5 and 9 bucks for shirts when I can pay that much for brand new clothes they are starting to get high in their prices for clothing

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to Goodwill stores to buy some kind of dinnerware or old bowls. The prices are always reasonable for them and then I usually end up turning them into little projects. I love painting them and adding a nice pop of color to them. As for clothing the stores that I have been to end up having another sale rack on top of the normal cheap prices. I think that is really amazing because the pants and shirts end up being around 2 dollars and under.
    That is incredible!

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to look for good deals on housewares and décor items whenever I am at Goodwill. It is also a good place to get quality made tools for really cheap. I have been able to get most of my garden tools for about 1/4 of what they would have cost me brand new. The only down side to Goodwill is they may not always have exactly what it is I am looking for and then I always end up buying something that I wasn't planning on getting.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We do not have a Goodwill in the town where I live, but there are some thrift stores here. I like shopping at thrift stores because you never know what you will find there. Most everything we have has either come from a thrift store or from a yard sale. Another way I like to get good deals is on Freecycle. It is an online page and only has free items that someone wants to give away, or you can post for something that you need or want. Often, someone will have an extra one, or not use theirs, and will give it away to someone that needs it. When you are moving, it is a good solution to find homes for things you do not want to take along, but hate to throw out. Just look up Freecycle on the Internet, and find one for your area.

6. ladybug252

ladybug252New Member

Threads:
    Our local Goodwill stores are amazing! I've gotten brand new clothes and shoes for less than $3 each. If I need anything, I always check the Goodwill first.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The stock at Goodwill changes constantly so you have to be flexible and not get discouraged if they don't have what you're looking for on the first try. It took 3 visits to my local Goodwill on different days to find the perfect lamp for my daughter's room, but once I found it, it was only $6. Even if they don't have what you want on the first try, there's always another day where they'll have different stuff.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Goodwill for buying used computer parts and the occasional laptop. I picked up a great laptop for less than $80. It was a steal. It's still working a year later.

9. johan121

johan121Banned

Threads:
    I love going to Goodwill stores to buy some kind of dinnerware or old bowls.

10. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    We do have a Goodwill in our city, and we also have other thrift stores as well. I have always loved thrift store shopping. My main purchase at these stores has been clothes. Ever since I became a mom I have really seen the value in thrift stor shopping. My babies were growing so fast. And ofcoarse babies have all kinds of spills and accidents. So to pay full price for their clothes was really like throwing money out the window. I always found very cute outfits for my boys and really reasonable prices. And now my first grandbaby is on the way. So we are really on the lookout for clothes for her. And we have found blankets, bibs, socks, waterproof mattress pads, and all sorts of things for her. My next favorite purchase at the goodwill store is books. I am a big time reader and the books there are very cheap. I cannot think of any negatives about the Goodwill store. It is an all around win for me.

11. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    We do not have a Goodwill here in our city, but with others like the Salvation Army, they have great Cookware and TV's. It is always nice to know that you can go someone and find things that are good and dependable at a great price. I have to say sometimes at the Salvation Army they can have things priced to expensive, and I say this because you can go to a store and find the same things new at a lower price.

12. Michael Brown

Michael BrownNew Member

Threads:
    i like the "stuffs" being sold at GW, but yeah "staffs" are kinda rude and impatient!

13. dorothymoreno

Threads:

That is a really good deal finding new clothes and shoes for less then $3.00! The Goodwill stores over here sometimes has some really good deals onn clothes , but lately they have had some of their clothing priced a tad high. Like for a blouse that wasn't in the greatest shape they were asking $4.99 for it. But then when I went again to the store last week, they had great deals, like jogging pants in good shape for $1.99 and then they were the green tag some of them so was able to get two for the price of one $1.99. I hope they keep this up. BEcause there for awhile, the clothes were just too high.

14. dorothymoreno

Threads:
    I agree, I love buying furniture from Goodwill, they have some really good deals most of the time. Although the clothes are a little too high at times, I have found some of the blouses and pants as much as $4.99 and $5.99. But sometimes they have the clothes a little cheaper like the last time I when they had jogging pants for $1.99 a pair and were in good condition and they were the green tag and were buy one get one free, so it worked out really well and they had all the tee shirts for $1.00. So maybe they are going to keep the clothing a little cheaper now, I hope so. I love going there, you always find really nice stuff most of the time.

15. dorothymoreno

Threads:

I love going to all the thrift stores too they only have a couple of them here other then Goodwill, and I love the yard sales!!, The freecycle I have heard of but haven't really visited it more then a couple of times, but I think I might check into it again.

16. Parattiver

ParattiverNew Member

Threads:
    Well, we don't have Goodwill stores in our town :(