Google Player To Compete With Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, etc.

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Oct 17, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google's made a splash in the tech world in the past couple days: Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Android Lollipop, and now the Nexus Player, the first streaming device to take advantage of Android TV. It's a promising device, although it doesn't quite yet have support for every popular service out there. It features a 1.8 GHz quad-core processor and features access to the Google Play Store. Its remote connects by Bluetooth and offers voice control, and a separate game controller will be available. It's $99, that sweet spot price for most other high end streaming devices.

The Nexus Player offers the most powerful processor of the streaming players available, and it should become a more formidable streaming and gaming device as more apps become available from streaming services.

2. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    These TV and movie players are all good products and the services that they all off by what I have heard seem to be good. The trick for me will be which service will be offering more tv shows and movies. We can have all the best devices but if the service does not offer up to date movies and shows then it makes no sense for anyone.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily, the Nexus Player is expected to get more apps and subscription services under its wings sooner rather than later. Plus, the device's compatibility with the Google Play Store is something that gives it an advantage over the competition since most players don't have that capability. I have no doubt that the Nexus Player will be a success, and it should easily challenge Apple TV and the Amazon Fire TV box.