Google store should offer free movies

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by ExpertAdvice • Oct 19, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I think that Google play store is making enough money already to not be kind enough to issue to it's users free movies, I mean, movies can be fun to watch, and Google is a fun search engine, so why not make it fun to watch free movies on a App store created by a fun search engine? :) even a month's worth of unlimited free stuff would be good, I know that money makes businesses grow and I know that argument about " why do you want free stuff" already, and that's uninteresting to me, all I want is to see some kind gesture made from the rich companies to it's clients. Something like what Mark Zuckerberg did, which was to donate money to Ebola :) So Google, please do this!! We love you Google! :-D

2. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    A week promotion of unlimited movie content would be cool, especially around Christmas time. But truth is companies like Google just have to make their money. They'll lose out plenty if they have to pay the people they signed a license with to sell their movies. You may not want to hear that but it's reality. Plus, isn't that what Netflix is for? They have hours and hours of content for only $7.99 a month. It's not free but it's not that expensive for the unlimited streaming you can do.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Charities hand out something for nothing. Companies are under no such obligation to do anything similar, and the Google Play Store does offer e-books, television shows, AND movies for free from time to time. I'm not sure that anyone would call Google a fun search engine, except when the Google Doodles are available. Also, Google One Today is a mobile app created by Google that connects users with charities and allows them to donate directly from their phones, not to mention that it donated over $30 million to charities in 2012 alone.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Google already does offer free movies, just go to Youtube and look around for the name of the movie you want to watch, and include the phrase "full movie". They really don't do that much to police the content being posted to Youtube, so it's fairly easy to find entire movies on there.

There is also a beta version of Popcorn Time which was recently released for Android:

which, although not technically legal, it's free and quite frankly these companies are already making plenty of money off of us selling all of our data and shoving ads in all of our faces.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree if you want to have free movies, just download some. While I wouldn't mind getting free stuff too, it's not practical. Like others said companies are under no obligation to give out free movies. They have to make money somehow and if they give out free movies, then people will complain why would you make that free when we can already get that on our own

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ha, I didn't even think about that one and it counts since YouTube is technically an app of Google's on smartphones. YouTube does police its content, but only to a certain degree. They use various audio and video filters to detect and remove pirated content. However, you can get around these filters by mirroring video images or slightly altering the audio on a given video. If you post unedited, stolen videos, then they'll be removed almost instantly. Make even the slightest tweak, though, and a video could stay up indefinitely without getting taken down. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.