Gorilla Glue

Discussion in Product Reviews started by DancingLady • Jan 15, 2015.

1. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    This is one product that sits right next to the duct tape as a go to repair tool in my household. It is strong, and I mean really strong. This glue can actually hold things together that are going to be under a fair amount of use. I have even successfully extended the life of a pair of shoes by using this glue to repair where the sole was starting to separate from the shoe at the toe. It actually held together for quite some time. I am truly impressed with this glue and will always make sure there is a tube on hand for any little repairs I may need to make.

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have heard of Gorilla Glue in the past and that it can be strong. Tell me how long does it take the glue to bond. Does it bond instantly like Krazy Glue or does it take awhile for the bond to take such as with Elmer's Glue? The reason I am asking is in my bedroom I have a large window, one side of that window railing has come undone more times over the years then I care to count. We have tried gluing it, screwing it in, and now I am nailing it in. The problem is that the wall that was created in this room which was an add on wasn't built the greatest, so this side of the window railing is always coming down. So I want to know if Gorilla Glue would be effective here, but that would only work if it bonds immediately since this railing is up high.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's about a couple of minutes generally, not more than that. I usually ok ch the item for at least one minute to be sure it is stuck, then I won't use the item for an hour or more just to make sure the glue is totally set.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Gorilla Glue is one of those underrated treasures because I swear you can almost build a house with it, LOL. Seriously, it takes a moment to dry. I just got the smaller capsules (that look like Krazy Glue bottles) and the dry time was quicker than the original formula (brown with a picture of a gorilla on thew bottle). While very potent, my experience with the original formula is that it swells slightly before drying. I guess this is good reason to go easy on it at $5 a bottle.

5. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Gorilla Glue is strong! Be sure to give the glue a try with your current situation and be sure to also report back to us about your findings. The thing with Gorilla Glue is that it tends to swell-just like Patex and unlike Krazy Glue. What glue have you tired before to fasten your window railing-Elmer's?
    I really think that if you use screws and silicon to fasten the window rial, you will have no problem. I'm eager to hear what happens..please update!

6. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    I have one of the small tubes of Gorilla Glue too, and I like using it better to fix things than regular super glue because I can usually put the cap back on and use it again down the road, unlike when I use a tube of regular super glue and the cap gets stuck on after one use. I try to make sure I wipe the tip of the Gorilla Glue applicator with a wet paper towel, and that usually lets me re-use the same tube for awhile.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Gorilla Glue, I have a purse that the lining came lose on the inside. I used Gorilla Glue to glue the lining in place. It is still holding strong. I have also used the glue on other items that have held very good. I think it is better than Kazy Glue.

8. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    While browsing the craft's section, I always see Gorilla Glue, and it's logo. My friends who have used it praise it, and maybe I should give it a try. Usually I never have a need for strong glue, but there is nothing wrong with a little experimenting.