Graduate loans?

Discussion in Loans started by Livvy • Jul 31, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    So, long story short, mental health has screwed up my life for the past year, which has led to me repeating my masters year. The problem is, this means getting another fifteen grand. My only real option at the moment is a graduate loan, which I believe is better for someone of my circumstances and age than a normal personal loan. The problem is, is it really worth it? What are the best ones? I'm in the UK btw.

2. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I guess it would depend if do feel that you have oothr option, then I would go with the student loan. You can probably get a job part time and/or study full time ole part time. This way you'll have extra money or help pay off your loan and then after you graduate, you would hopefully have less of a loan to pay off

3. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    What program of study are you in? Whether it makes sense to take out debt for a graduate program really depends on what your degree is in, whether there are jobs in your field, and whether the graduate degree with help improve either your chances of getting a job or your expected salary. That being said, a lot of the time graduate students can do research or teach or TA undergraduate classes in exchange for a tuition waiver and a small stipend. At least, that's how it is in the U.S. Have you looked into whether that might be an option for you?