Graduation Season

Discussion in Misc & Others started by gracer • Mar 2, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, graduation season is about to start here in my country and it's also the time for shopping here and there for items needed during graduation ceremonies. We just had a parents-teachers meeting today and our agenda is all about graduation. So now my aim for the month is to find a good graduation outfit for my son and think of food to prepare after the ceremonies.

I'm interested to learn what your practices are during graduation season. What do you usually prepare for when it comes to this important stage of school life? I'd love to hear your stories. :)

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The graduation preparation for graduation in my country is an expensive and intense affair. Parents go all out to make the occasion a memorable one. Even toddlers graduating from infant schools are caught up in the excitement. Some school have proposed that graduating students could wear their school's uniform in the to the graduation ceremony, seeking to reduce the cost that the parents would have to bear, however, most of the parents don't agree, and anywhere the money will have to come from they are going to get it to see their children all dressed up for the event.

3. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I think most parents here are also like that when it comes to graduation. They would also go all out even when it comes to their outfits during the ceremonies. I remember my son's graduation from Day Care, well, I know it's their own choice and their own money but some parents really went way beyond what is expected of them for their children's graduation. It sometimes makes me smirk at times when I see that the parent is even more dressed up than the graduation celebrant him/herself. :D

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been many years since I have graduated, but I remember that we just ate out after the event, no fancy gathering whatsoever. I think it also depends on the parent if they are the lavish type or the simple type, if they are lavish then expect an all out celebration.

5. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Graduations don't seem to be a big deal in terms of saving money. On the other hand, a prom can be a big expense - even with the fact the clothes are rented and not bought. Anyhow, as other have sort of stated on here, a graduation doesn't have to be a big deal unless the family or friends of the graduate have spectacular parties and/or eat at expensive restaurants.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have just retired from my job as a school head of one the elementary schools in our place. Graduation is one of the most memorable events in the life of the students. It is always prepared properly to make solemn and memorable for the students and also for their parents and benefactors.

Parents, guardians, friends and relatives of the graduates are seen carrying bag full of gifts and presents. Those are in various items for the graduates to use or even to treasure as a token of the love and care of their loved ones.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    May I tell you what happened on my high school graduation? Being an only child it was a big event in my home. My Mom got her friends to build a little party place, got some very good expensive food, and invited many for they were so proud of me. My girlfriend and I went together and I brought her home. The graduation too way longer for no one thought 2 way in and out was too small, it was too small and it took forever for us to leave. Then my girlfriend's home was bustling so we just couldn't leave and by the time I got home it was after 10PM and only some of my Mom's closest friends stayed to wish me happy tidings. So plan well, make sure everything is in place and make sure the graduating person is on the scene too. It was so memorable for me for all the wrong reasons, but I'm proud I graduated. Most kids want to be on their own too, so ask before you plan a party. Maybe they'd just like to stop by and go on their own, then the party might be light as everyone wishes the graduates good luck as they whisk away on their own.