Grand theft auto 5

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Oct 12, 2013.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here played the new grand theft auto? I have recently brought it and played it with my husband and I gotta say I loved it. Its the type of game that will keep your attention for hours and it did lol. I know it isn't a game for young kids it's more of an adult game so I wouldn't recommend it for little kids under the age of eighteen. What do you think about this game? What are your opinions?

2. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    It's such a huge thrill to finally have GTA back in my life. With GTA IV released back in 2008, it's been a 5 year wait for this follow up. Back on the billion dollar in sales within the first few days, I'd say that it's a huge success. As well, the online reviews coming in from us real folks is showing that it's lived up to the hype. Sure, it's a ridiculously violent game, but it's a ton of fun too.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, Rockstar did produce great results for Grand Theft Auto V. I myself did not expect Grand Theft Auto V to be as good as it was. I have not beaten the game yet, but I believe I am close to doing so. I will now give my opinion on the game. The worst part of playing Grand Theft Auto was actually getting the game started. I hated the fact that I had to install the game on my Xbox 360. Other than that the gameplay features, were off the charts. I also enjoyed the plot of the game, robberies put a great twist on them. Another feature of the game I enjoyed was being able to switch between 3 main characters. Overall I give Grand Theft Auto V a 10. It not only exceeded expectations, but I think it surpassed San Andreas.

4. StevenGlansberg

StevenGlansbergNew Member

Threads:
    GTA V is great, I've been hooked since day one! It is most likely going to win many game of the year awards due to how groundbreaking it is, not to mention it has broken many world records due to it's immense sales.

5. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I personally do not own a PS3 nor an XBox but I must say that based on my friends' comments slash reviews of the game, it is awesome. In fact, I am thinking of buying a PS3 just to play the game.

I have scoured youtube to watch GTA V gameplays and I must say that the graphics is bada$$. Close to reality that you can get. And the GTA V world is so vast that an entire day is not enough to explore the world.

So, two thumbs up for this wonderful game. :)

6. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    Rockstar has outdone themselves this time. This game has a big map and there's a lot of side activities you can do. You are right,it's not designed for kids lol .The graphic is really good and that of course score a major point for my husband when he wants to go do his 'dirty deed' in the car with some prostitute lol.

7. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    They did a great job with this game. The world is huge and has so many places to explore. The car selection is great. I like how realistic the driving ability is with the different types of vehicles. The in-game characters (NPCs) have different voices, dialogue, and looks. The shooting is decent, as is the weaponry available. The only thing about the game that I would really change is that they haven't implemented some of the additional content that was promised (bank heists in the online game, for example). I also think they made it too hard to earn money, during the first few weeks after online play began.

8. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    gta

I agree! I think GTA 5 is a great game and yeah it has a little too much violence and bad language lol but it's not a kid game it's for adults so I think it's great.

9. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say that after Vice City, I completely fell out with the GTA franchise. I did not find San Andreas to be much fun, and I didn't really even bother much with GTA4. But I've got GTA5 on the opening week, and I have to sayI absolutely love it. The game is just breathtakingly detailed, and the country is modelled so beautifully that it's just SO much fun to just take a fast car and go on a ride somewhere far from everyone. There is a pretty good choice of music too, as with most modern GTAs. This, so far, is easily the game of the year for me, and that's, again, coming from a person that did not care for GTA at all anymore.

10. Pawski

PawskiNew Member

Threads:
    GTA 5 is pretty bad***!!! I love the type of games where you can just walk around and do whatever you'd like. Obviously this game isn't meant for everyone (especially young kids) but for a easy game to pick up - play around with for a few hours here or there and walk away when you need to - it's sweet.

Best part of the game so far? Stealing a jumbo jet :) haha only in GTA 5 can you get away with something like this!

11. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I actually bought GTAV, then ended up taking it back. Not because i dont think its a good game, but because i think im done paying 60 bucks for a game, when the price will drop to half or less soon after.
    It didnt even take much will power to do it. The game sat on the counter all week, and i didnt even get the itch to play, which made returning it 10 times easier.

12. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I loved it, probably my favourite GTA in the series although that could be due to me still being slightly obsessed with it. The game feels a whole lot bigger to me than GTA IV, the landscapes are more lively and the characters have a lot more flavour to them as well. I was honestly a bit disappointed at how short the campaign was but that could just be me being fussy.

13. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    Walmart screwed up last night!

They listed GTA V for 18 dollars. They caught it pretty quickly but not before i got best buy to match the price, used a $5 best buy gift card I had laying around, and got it for 13!

14. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Its good. A definite 8/10 stars kind of a game and I am sure there are a lot who like it even more. Heck, some are considering it a contender for GOTY. Rockstar have definitely delivered on the hype. I mean the sale for this one are insane.

15. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I don't have a console at the moment, so I wish they'd release the PC version finally. I've played a lot of San Andreas back in the day, and it's been pretty much one of my favourite series. GTA4 was pretty meh, so I'm hoping this one lives up to the expectations. (And, well, according to most of the people I know who have played it, it definitely does).

16. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I bought for the PS3, and while it isn't my favorite, it's a damn good game.
    The music selection isn't the best, and some missions felt too boring. I'll probably buy it again for PC if it's gets ported.

17. Damikoulas88

Damikoulas88New Member

Threads:
    Awesome game, fantastic graphics and totally not for kids :D

18. cookiemonsterv16

cookiemonsterv16Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love this game and was super excited when I finally got it. They have so many more things that the other Grand Theft Auto games didn't have. Sometimes I have more fun just driving around exploring to see what I come across. I ended up running into the movie theater and you can actually go in and watch a movie that was so crazy and unexpected. I also got to go on a roller coaster ride that was also surprising. So when I feel the need to take a break from the missions I just relax and discover new things.

19. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The colors and lighting are really beautiful. I think it's the best world they have ever made. I am disappointed by the performance and noticeable low framerate though and I miss being able to go inside restaurants like in the previous games. Certain parts seemed too streamlined but there's still a lot of other cool stuff and a crazy amount of Easter eggs.

20. mameeker@cuse

mameeker@cuseNew Member

Threads:
    GTA V is the best game for the last gen. systems. The only problem with it is that they aren't making it for the new systems.