Gray Water

Discussion in Water started by cluckeyo • Jun 1, 2016.

1. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    One way to conserve water is to have your plumbing set up so that you can save your gray water. Gray water is the water used in washing dishes, laundry, taking showers. But not sewage. This is great for watering the lawn or the garden. The suds are actually good for the plants, so I am told.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That would be good. Water conservation isn't necessarily a problem in this area, as we tend to get adequate rainfall. This is true especially this year, as we have had rain virtually every day in the month of May, making it one of the coolest and wettest on record. However, I think it would be great for those who are in areas where adequate rainfall is a problem.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    This is quite a good idea. A person can also buy a plastic tank like the cheap collapsible one and store the water there for use as needed. I also thought that runoff water on the ground can also be harnessed to flow into underground tanks or reservoirs or pits which should be covered to avoid accidental falls. There can be constructed in gardens in hilly or flat areas and would no doubt greatly reduce soil erosion in the former. This water can then be used during the dry season.