Great Action/thriller Books Series

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by eagletal88 • Feb 8, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I just bought a book called "First to Kill" from Andrew Peterson. This is a 4 book series based on a fictional character named, Nathan McBride. The first book was on sale for $1.99 through Kindle. The book is over 300 pages, and is written with a unique style that pulls you into the story.

I believe the other books in the series are selling for $3.99 on Kindle. It is well worth the money!

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I love to read and action/mystery/crime books are my favorite genre. I'm always on the lookout for new authors. I've never heard of Andrew Peterson but will look him up.

Most of the books are get for my kindle are freebies but these prices you have mentioned don't seem bad at all :)

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I believe this series is the first books Andrew has released. I was looking at Kindle daily deals and found it for $1.99, and it had really good reviews, so I figured, why not? His writing style is simple, yet effective. He does get really thorough when he speaks about guns and other war related gear. I know he personally has a lot of shooting experience, so it is an area of expertise for him. I learned a lot about guns and such reading this book!

4. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    Another great author of this genre is Robert Ludlum. He's the guy that wrote the Bourne series. Between that and his Matarese series, you won't ever run out of action/thriller books. The only thing that can be daunting about these books is that they're pretty thick.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Robert Ludlum and Mario Puzzo are some of the best authors in the action/thriller genre. I'm not exactly fond of reading novels from this category but I usually make an exception if I was able to see them come alive on the big screen and was satisfied by what I saw.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've read Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn and it's my favorite psychological thriller book at the moment. I haven't read that many books from this category though but this book is really good, if i'm not mistaken i think i read that this book will be adapted on screen some sort of mini TV series. I really hope so because this book deserves recognition.