Great Plays to Watch at the Theater

Discussion in Misc & Others started by DrRipley • Dec 29, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love watching plays at the theater but unfortunately the tickets are so expensive so I don't get to go as often as I'd like to. Also whenever I want to go I usually like to treat whoever is coming with me to free tickets which makes the cost even higher. The last one I got to see was Sound of. Music which I actually enjoyed a lot and it was my first time seeing it too even if I had an idea of it already from hearing about it so much in pop culture. Next year I'm planning on seeing another one and I'm thinking of which plays I should spend my money on.

Which plays have you seen that you enjoyed the most?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not attended a play since I graduated from college, because I can not afford the tickets. And I live in a theater town, so that's very unfortunate when the only reason I have a job in the industry I work in is because of the people coming here to watch plays, and I have never seen even one at the festival. I do love theater though. In HS I went to every production and just loved it. In college I went to university productions and loved them as well, for the most part. There were a couple of them I didn't care for the story that much though. I just like the energy of a live performance, it's so different from just watching a movie.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw A.R. Gurney's Love Letters at a mall theater when I was still a kid. Although written well and the dialogues were witty, the play didn't have a lot of scenes and the characters were mostly sitting and writing letters to each other. I almost fell asleep watching it. I saw recorded theater performances of Miss Saigon, Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera. They're truly superb. You may want to consider them.