Green Smoothie Recipes

Discussion in Food & Drink started by SpringBreeze • Oct 17, 2012.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Hey everyone! So, I deliberated all summer on trying a green smoothie. And I finally made one today. Yay!!! It's this new drink rage among healthy food junkies and alternative foodists. The smoothie comes out green so, it doesn't look appetizing. But to my surprise, it's actually good. Imagine my surprise...

Here's what I used in my first green smoothie ever: spinach, bananas, strawberries, carrots, yogurt and sugar.

Have any of you tried one? What did you think? Any recipes you want to share?

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to cut out the sugar and use stevia instead? This would make it more healthy - I mean absolutely healthy.
    An avocado could make it creamier and healthier too. I make a smoothie with bananas, spinach, avocado, carrots and stevia, for a change I use some coconut cream. I keep experimenting with different stuff, it tastes good in most combinations.

3. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I love green smoothies! I have one most mornings. My usual smoothie consists of a banana, an avocado, an orange, a little bit of water, and either spinach or kale. Occasionally I will throw in some frozen blueberries or full fat yogurt. When I am feeling bored with the same old stuff, I will add coconut oil, almond butter, pineapple, or peanut butter.

#3Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  4. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I still haven't tried them. In my country are popular, but people aren't encouraged to try them. I think it's a great alternative to try and do at home. From what little I know, this recipe allows plenty of variants and new flavors. Summer is coming soon on this side of the hemisphere, and that is a healthy and refreshing option. I'm going to consider it. Thanks for sharing your experience. If it's healthy and tasty, is doubly beneficial.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite smoothie included ice, almond milk, apple, spinach and powdered wheat grass. If I want it to be a little sweet, I'll add a packet of Splenda. Stevia gives me a headache.

6. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the responses and recipes everyone! I never thought of using avocado in a smoothie. Interesting. I'm going to have to try that.

Maddie... I agree. No sugar would be healthier. But I like sweet stuff. And I was trying something new. So, I wanted to have fun. And fun for me = sweet. :)

Parker... My body reacts to stevia too. I got nauseous when I tried it. Interesting. I wonder why. I thought it was just me.