Greyhound Travel Tips

Discussion in Travel started by steph84 • May 25, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone! So my boyfriend lives 3 hours away and it looks like I will be traveling by Greyhound a whole lot this summer to see him. Do you guys have any tips or tricks for traveling by Greyhound? I used to do it 6 years ago when I would go from NYC to Boston, but now I will be going from Los Angeles down to San Diego. Does anyone know how horrible this commute is? I'm scared I'll be stuck in traffic most of the time. *Sigh*

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The Greyhound is fun to ride on as long as you get comfortable seating. I use to travel by Greyhound all the way from Pasadena to Arkansas and it was fun then, but I can't say much now since we have so many crazy people traveling, I'd rather take a car and be done with it. But since you are going such a short distance it might be alright. On the bus, you get to relax and see all the sights and stop in different places. Now, I don't know if that would be so enjoyable to go a long distance on a bus.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have done quite a few long distance bus trips, and even though they are not my favorite, I have many good memories. What made it more comfy for me was taking a travel pillow to put in the groove of my neck. Also, my special blankie, just comforts me.

And most importantly, enough snacks...and water with some mints, in case I get motion sickness. Happy travels!

4. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    Personally I cannot stand traveling by bus. I know that in so many situations you get what you pay for, but the way those companies do business is ridiculous. I have taken a bus many times, and I have seen customers being screamed at by employees for not knowing which tag they needed on their luggage, I have seen bus drivers informing people on their trip home that they will not take their luggage when it fits just fine, I have had buses break down and after paying extra for a seat with my brother I was told the bus driver did not care and my extra money was lost. Bus travel is the absolute worst experience I have ever had, and with a boyfriend who does not fly we do it frequently. Greyhound however is hands down the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to travel with. If I am paying for rude service, uncomfortable travel, and the possibility of my possessions being stolen, I will chose the cheaper buses any day. At least their prices justify their horrible service.

5. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    LA to San Diego isn't bad at all, try Charlotte, NC to Sea, WA lol! I don't really have a lot of advice for a 3 hour trip except the normal food, book, and ipod. Travel tired and you'll sleep the entire way!

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I had to work late and only slept for 2 hours on my way there. I was so tired and slept most of the way that I didn't even mind getting the horrible Memorial Day weekend traffic! The ride there was pretty and I had some nice views of the ocean. Thanks for the tips everyone! It was worth it. $30 round trip is such a steal!

7. SandraHoffmann

SandraHoffmannNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips. Bus outlines are clean as well as comfy. There is absolutely no comparability in between a new jet as well as the bus. For the bus, you possibly can fully stretch within ease and comfort.