Grocery and Household Shopping Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by dsmom • May 3, 2012.

1. dsmom

dsmomNew Member

Threads:
    Do you have any favorite online stores to shop for groceries and household items. It seems like there are plenty of sites like this, but not many that are affordable. So far, I have found Amazon and also alice.com. Amazon can get very expensive. Alice.com is decent in price and you can pay with Paypal. What has everyone else found?

2. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I shop for groceries online and have them delivered by Safeway and Amazon Fresh. Amazon Fresh is only available here in Seattle, I think, or not too many other places, and I'm not sure what cities Safeway delivers in. It's an awesome option, saves me time and money - especially with Safeway, since they have online deals and coupons comparable to the actual stores.

3. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I have a close friend who works for Amway. She swears by the company because she claims that she gets paid back a percentage of her household shopping. I have never really considered any type of household shopping online other than that scenario, I suppose I think of online shopping for other types of purchases. I'd be interested in looking around to see if it would actually be worth shopping on those sites however, every little bit helps.

4. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have to agree with Shell323, I also don't shop through the internet for groceries but it does seem convenient for someone with a busy schedule. I am not sure if there is a place to shop for groceries here in south florida but I will look into it and post back.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually shop for groceries online anymore, but it's incredibly convenient if you need to buy in bulk and you don't have a car. Amazon.com was excellent for this. I've never checked out alice.com, but I'm interested now.

6. adolf

adolfNew Member

Threads:
    Nowadays many people like to shop grocery and household to save their lots of money. I also shop online at Amazon. It's products are excellent and you can get your order on the same day. So it's very convenient.

7. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I get my fabric softener from Amazon. I can get 6 of my favorite scent for 40.00 with free shipping. Other than that all of my shopping is at Sam's Club.

8. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I've only heard of one grocery store online, and I can't even think of it at the moment. I don't know if I would trust it though with my food. Although I am tempted to try them as my friends in the UK use online shops to grocery shop all the time. I buy certain items online at Amazon. Such as razor blade refills since they seem too be cheaper as there are always deals going on. I also get garbage bags and things like that online.

9. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I usually just shop at Ald's because its so inexpensive. I have not found that menay great deals on line when I have done price comparisons.

10. freelove89

freelove89New Member

Threads:
    What about the shipping costs? Do any online grocers offer free shipping with a minimum purchase ammount? It wouldn't be worth having to pay $20 shipping and handling for $40 of groceries.:confused:

11. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    When I worked a 65+ hour a week job I often ordered my groceries online because it was just so much easier and really helped me out. I always ordered from Ralphs.com. It was a little more expensive, but all the produced they always picked out was in great condition. I definitely would recommend it if you are really busy and can't get to the store for some reason.

12. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    But does Alice have a free shipping membership? Thats the only reason I use Amazon, because I get free shipping with all of my purchases. And I tend to buy a lot of things with them.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not heard of Alice.com, I have not shopped for fresh food o line yet, thought about it but never followed up on the thought. I don't know if I like the idea of some else picking oug my food.

14. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I agree with you there. I would feel a lot safer if it was me who picked my own food. It would feel much safer. Shopping on grocery stores can be a good exercise to stretch your legs and butt if you are working at home. I can shop for things online but when it comes to my food, I'd rather buy them myself.

15. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go grocery shopping in stores, but I'm now interested in buying from Alice.com especially since it looks like I won't have to buy each product in bulk just for it to arrive at my home. That and I usually go myself for groceries for a bit of exercise.

16. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    It seems like more and more people like to shop on net to save their money and time. I also shop some product online at Amazon. but not grocery. It's products are pretty good. But the price is a little higher. By the way, if you need to purchase some home and living items, I recommend you

It seems like decent in price.Very convenient.

17. XOHum

XOHumMember

Threads:
    Shopping online

It seems like more and more people like to shop on net to save their money and time. I also shop some product online at Amazon. but not grocery. It's products are pretty good. But the price is a little higher. By the way, if you need to purchase some home and living items, I recommend you

It seems like decent in price.Very convenient.

18. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I have found that when it comes to going grocery shopping, we don't have any stores around here that are good for saving money. A lot of the time, it is impossible to save money on food. Other items, like deodorant and other stuff are possible, but not likely much of a savings.

19. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased any grocers online. I prefer to purchase my food in the store where I can choose the items and check the food labels. I'm not even sure if my favorite stores have online shopping. Luckily, one of my favorite stores, Sprouts, is within walking distance. It's no problem for me.

I have never thought about purchasing household items. That really does make sense especially if I'm making a large purchase. I am going to check out Alice.com just to see what they offer.

20. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I love Safeway shopping online. I am disabled and use the city mobility bus. In order for me to go grocery shopping I have to schedule a ride 24 hours in advance, I can't get a return ride until 1 hour has passed (and they are rarely on time) regardless of how long it actually takes me. So if I only need a couple things I have to spend a minimum of one hour at the grocery store.

With Safeway I get great prices and delivery, as well as deals and specials available for delivery customers only. I also use a pharmacy that delivers.