Grow A Beard?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Denis Hard • Jan 9, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Beards are back in fashion and many men are trying to grow a beard and those who can't [for some reason] are getting beard transplants. This should be some good news for men who no longer want to spend any money on razors and shaving creams.

Since it's quite fashionable to have a beard now, would any of you men, to avoid buying razors, shaving creams, etc grow a beard?

Did you know that over your lifetime, you’ll be spending about 5 months of it running a razor over your face? By growing a beard, you’ll be saving a lot of time [and money]

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I would! I've always wanted to have a beard although I can't seem to grow hair on my face. At least, the part of the face that counts for that matter. All I can grow is a mustache and a little bit of goatee but that's it. I'm not considering getting a transplant either since doing any form of surgery is a NO-NO for me. Do you have any tips on how I can grow a beard?

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OMG @Denis Hard your post made me laugh LOL I mean, really, some men even get a beard transplant?! That's just weird. My husband used to shave almost every day, but now keeps a close cropped beard, which I think really suits him. It's funny because I never used to like a beard at all, but as I've got older, i have more of an appreciation for it.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that beards look good on some men and not on others. I think that if the beard is well taken care of it can be a positive addition to any man. However, the fact that it needs to be taken care of is the clue. Many people need to make sure that they properly care for the beard and make it part of their overall look. It is one of the possibilities that can really enhance or detract from the appearance of men.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well if the guy wants to have a beard then it's up to him, and he'll be saving money as well if he grows one. As for me I'm not a fan of beards that have the "Moses look".

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Many its different elsewhere - but apart from style - beards have never either been in or out of fashion where I live - in fact something I've never failed to notice over the decades - is that men are continually experimenting with their facial hair styles - sometimes its there, sometimes it isn't and in varying degrees too - depending on the look they are trying to achieve. clear.

That said - I have to agree that some guys look really cool with some form of facial hair, whilst others look downright awful and to be honest although I'm not really bothered either way - so long as its well groomed - I can't say that I'm particularly keen on some of the ridiculous shapes that have some guys have adorning their faces - or for that matter very long full beards - as they somehow, however well groomed they are - generally look extremely messy.

Either way if planning to grow a beard in order to save money - it might well be worth bearing in mind - that what might be saved in monetary terms may be quite the opposite in terms of time - particularly as many beard styles do appear to require a considerable investment in time in order to keep them looking good and especially some of the shadow and light stubble beards - that do require a considerable amount of up keep - which I only know from the amount of time that my husband devotes to trimming and caring for his.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Tips?

There are a few "beard" blogs and sites you could take a look at:

Growing a beard requires a commitment. The experience can even be a test of character as well as a surprising process of self-discovery. Do you have what it takes?

They make it sound exciting, like it's a challenge but I don't think one needs to do much. All you have to do is throw away your razors/stop shaving and wait for the beard to grow. That's how I'd do it.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    ^
    Thanks for that man! I will definitely check the site out. Hopefully I can learn some tips on how I can grow my very own face bush. LOL! I just wish that my genes isn't the type of "can't grow a beard" gene because that would really suck.