Grown men wearing skinny jeans

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by TuRon Davis • Sep 11, 2014.

1. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    With all of the latest trends and styles, the one that really stands out to me is skinny jeans. I don't have a problem with them directly, but i do have an issue with Grown men wearing them. To me it just seems a tad bit feminine. I'm 36 years old 6'2 230lbs, what do I look like wearing jeans that are tight on my legs and butt? I feel only women or younger teens are appropriate looking in this style of pants. What are your thoughts?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My male gay friends like skinny jeans and fitted tops, so mainly gay men will wear them. They like to show off their body and will even wear a size too small. I think it's fine on men as long as it suits their body shape and the outfit is coordinated.
    Many men are told not to wear tight trousers as they can have fertility issues, but as gay men don't have that problem they carry on wearing them, the tighter the better.

3. Serenity Fay

Serenity FayMember

Threads:
    I'm of the opinion that if you like them, just wear them. It's impossible to please everyone and won't make you happy so in the end, just wear whatever makes you feel good. Live and let live, and all that. If older men want to wear skinny jeans, so be it, people are into different things and that's what's great about being unique.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really dislike men wearing skinny jeans. It's more okay (but not totally okay) for young boys to wear them, just because it's a phase and they look a little better on those. But grown man wearing skinny jeans and simply awful. Men out there, please don't wear them!

5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I don't like it when men of all ages wear skinny jeans. I just feel grossed out! For me, skinny jeans are for women. Men should stick to the style of jeans that they have been wearing before. I feel doubly grossed out when I see men wearing colored skinny jeans. Anyway, for grown men to wear skinny jeans is a no-no. If a man likes looking like a sausage that is fine. However, in my perspective, never ever do it.

6. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I have nothing against men wearing skinny jeans even if it's something that I'd never wear. I'm rather skinny myself so wearing clothes that are too tight would transform me into a walking pole. In the end, each person is free to look and wear what they wish, as long as they're not running naked down the street.

#6Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  7. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yea I believe it is mostly worn by gay people. Just from what I have seen. I am not saying that you are gay if you wear skinny jeans. But on the male body it just looks...bad. Tight jeans on a woman that has a good figure is just aesthetically great looking. A man's body is not made for it. Its like a woman wearing baggy jeans, that is unattractive. But on men it looks good, I think.

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I think it must be more common among younger guys, I suppose if you've got a leaner figure it might not look too bad, it must depend on whether girls like seeing them or not, I think we need a woman's opinion here.
    We all know that young guys will wear whatever a woman says they look good in so that might be the reasoning.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't think they are attractive on males period. I don't know why young men and boys want to advertise how skinny they are. It's not attractive. I live in California and it's more than gay men that are wearing skinny jeans. That or either the percentage of gay men is higher than I think it is.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think skinny jeans are more for gay guys or young pop/rock stars (see Jonas Brothers in their hay day) but you wear what you want. You could wear a chicken suit for all I care. If you feel good wearing it that's all that matters.

11. LSJ-8

LSJ-8New Member

Threads:
    I can't stand skinny jeans. Very few people have the right build for skinny jeans. Don't get me wrong, there are individuals who look fantastic in skinny jeans and can defiantly pull off the look. However, those people are few and far between. I can't wait for the skinny jean fad to be over.

12. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I think skinny jeans are best reserved for skinny teenagers and girls. If you're a mildly muscular guy or just a little bit chubby they are going to look awful. I personally don't see the appeal for them as a guy. I would much rather wear well fitting jeans that aren't too tight or too loose, it's just more comfortable that way.

As a fashion statement I think it's fine for teenagers, I used to wear incredibly baggy pants as a teen and I thought they looked great back then. Now I realize how uncomfortable and weird looking they were, but that was the style among my friends back then, you gotta fit in some way.

13. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I frequently wonder about this very issue. I'm a "grown man" myself, and I've observed other "grown men", and frankly, when it comes to them wearing "skinny jeans", it's a "fashion habit" that I wish would just die and be buried already!
    It's one of the most off-putting, sandwich-hurling moods that these jeans on these men put me in. I've never felt so physically upset before I saw this "trend"...my stomach literally feels as though it's "turning".
    The thing is, I know that each and every individual has the free right to choose his/her sense of fashion, and the expression of that, and that's great, really. But, when a man chooses to "flaunt how skinny his legs are", I just don't think I get the natural logic behind that one at all.
    I know why ladies choose to do such a thing, because they often prefer to have themselves in a "thinner body shape", and strive to achieve or flaunt this via their skinny jeans, and looks alright to me, if they're not squeezing up too much derriere tissue, if you know what I mean.
    I just think that men...should like like MEN! And that's the end of my argument!

14. erik120

erik120Active Member

Threads:
    I can understand the point of view of the original poster and I can imagine that, I personally wear semi skinny jeans, never flamboyant coloured or anything like that, that is just too gay for me and I dislike that, but regular coloured skinner jeans give that punky rock kind of imagine if you can pull that off and its the image you're after. For me personally it works, I'm in my 20's so its ok but I do have a neighbor who is like 30 something, somewhat of a beer belly, fat behind and wears skinny jeans and I dunno... it just doesn't seem fitting aesthetically at all, it really doesn't. But again it sort of works cause he rocks the old school rocker type thing so it kind of works, I guess.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember when skinny jeans was not even fashionable yet, but I already see gay men wearing jeans that tightly taper towards the end, so when skinny jeans became a fad, it was worn by mostly gay men and emo guys. I also don't think skinny jeans look good on men, it makes them look effeminate or emo, especially if they wear "guyliner".

16. Frogurt

FrogurtMember

Threads:
    In agree that it isn't a look that I would see myself in. However, if somebody wants to wear skinny jeans to keep up with fashion trends then that's okay by me. I think so long as people take pride in their appearance then the diversity is really interesting. I always love it when I see older people trying out new fashions!

17. elbycap

elbycapNew Member

Threads:
    Hi Ya,
    Uh, yeah NO!!! Skinny means exactly that. Now that's funny!
    I asked my beloved to hold my phone. He tried to put it in his pocket, when he said,
    "I can't get it in my skinny jeans!" He was sitting down, so there was less give on space.
    He's far from skinny, and we both think that they are, um, let's just say, not so macho!!!
    Be Well!! P.s. Halloween is coming up!!!

18. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    Better that than socks with sandals, I say.

19. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like skinny jeans on teens, let alone on old men. I don't want to judge their sense of fashion; to each his own. But yeah, I hope this trend ends sooner than later.

20. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I totally have a problem with this! Skinny jeans are great... on young girls perhaps but not on grown men. They look so foolish it's actually embarrassing! We always point them out because it just looks awkward to say the least. I can see wanting to stay up to date with all the latest trends but sometimes you have to draw the line! :/

Danyel :)