Guests Who Demand For Too Much?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Denis Hard • Jul 16, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you have friends visiting they probably mess up your budget. But then what of when your guests actually lay down the rules as regards what they expect from you? I never knew much about Muslim culture until somebody came along with a few of his Muslim friends to stay with me a while. As tradition demands when more than four people visit I normally head out into the farm select a weak-looking lamb and get it slaughtered. These guys however demanded that they either had to do the slaughtering themselves or they had to watch me do it. I was disgusted but had to give in anyway.

Ever had such fussy guests? Would you accommodate their

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well considering I live in America and would never even fathom the idea of heading out to the farm to slaughter a lamb, I think we're likely dealing with totally different traditions in the first place. ;) If it's something for their religious beliefs like that, though, I wouldn't mind if they did it themselves or watched me to do it considering it would be something really important to them.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My best friend use to be a major headache for me to deal with. She is very picky and always complains about the smallest things. She would complain about the food not being hot enough and even raising a commotion at a restaurant if I make an off handed remark like, "Oh, they forgot to bring the ice cream. I'll remind them when the server comes back." She stopped after I literally went crazy on her and basically told her how suffocating she can be. After that, it stopped.