Hair Extensions

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Meowmie • Mar 8, 2014.

1. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    Has anyone tried using hair extensions? I watched a few videos about them and am considering buying some (my hair is thinning) and would appreciate any advice or input about using them, especially if the clips pull on the hair. The last thing I want to do is lose more hair to the clips.

What brands are good?

Do you have to have a perfect match to your hair color to keep them from being obvious?

2. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    You may find it challenging to use the clips if your hairs is extremely thin. You would be better off getting the extensions tied in at a salon, but that can get fairly pricey. My hair is extremely blonde, so it is easy to find a match for my colour. You can always dye your extensions to match the colour of your hair (if you can't find a shade that matches close enough). Do not get synthetic hair; it will not last, you can't wash them properly and you can't style them effectively.

3. Meowmie

MeowmieMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the info! I think I'll give them a go, and will dye them and my hair if I need to. If I find too much breakage I'll quit wearing them and put my hat back on. I'll get the human hair extensions.