Hairdresser/barbershop

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Oct 21, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel that women go more often to the hairdresser than men go to the barber shop. These days I don't even know if this separation applies, as I feel men go to the hairdresser as well. Either cases, how often to you go wash or cut the hair? Wouldn't it be cheaper to do it at home?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cut my hair three to four times in a year. To actually go to the hairdresser for cutting, perhaps that happens twice within twelve months. I mostly do the trimming at home, not only to save money but also to see if I'm capable enough to take care of my own hair. If all else fails, I go and visit the salon. For washing with hot oil or whatnot, I do it by myself. There are so many hair treatment products with easy instructions, so there's no need to have someone else treat my hair for me.

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    As a guy, I go to cut my hair maybe every two months or so, I don't need to keep it trimmed all the time so I don't see any problem with waiting a bit before cutting it again.
    As for the beard, I've never been to a proper barber, I always just trim mine at home myself.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I don't like to cut my hair, but I don't like to have it long as well, especially in the summer of course because it's very hot. What I usually do is to cut it really short so that it lasts me at least 2 or 3 months, after that I need to cut it again.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    My hair usually grows back fast each time after I have it cut, so I end up having to return to the barbershop every month. Sometimes I have to make the haircut wait a bit longer, because trims aren't cheap in the slightest. It's like $20 now just to have myself scalped. If only there was someone I knew that had a trimmer and would cut my hair for free, things would be better.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe women go to the hairdressers more because they have longer hair and it needs maintaining more? Or maybe they just care more about their hair than men?

I go every two weeks to get my head shaved. I have receding hair and if I leave it for more than two weeks then I get irritated by the few hairs growing out of my head.

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Well women have to maintain their beauty and their hair is part of that process more than it is for a man. Sure men like us groom our hair to go along with our pride, but for women it's their pride and joy, their beauty, their attractiveness, their maintenance and it's one of those things that make them or break them in the eyes of the beholder.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I just get trims every month or so to remove the split ends. I don't get drastic hairstyle changes because I would rather keep my hair up to my shoulder.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I agree that it is much cheaper to it at home rather than by a hairdresser. However hairdresser are experts at what they do and know very well how to do the required styles. If it is a just simple cut then I am sure you can do it at home otherwise home dresser is absolute necessity.

10. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I think it's well justified to pay for the hairdresser because they do a professional job, so if we find a good one we should stick with them. The last time I took my kid to a new place I hated it, the woman cut the hair awfully.