Half.com

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by blurinoctober • Nov 28, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone order things on Half.com? I got my first order from their site in today and, I must admit, I am very pleased. I ordered a copy of the newest season of Supernatural for around $17 (that includes shipping) when it's listed on Amazon for around $40. It arrived promptly and it's still like new, in the plastic and everything. I got it as a Christmas gift for someone and I know they'll be pleased as well.

I'd never ordered from there before, even though a friend suggested it ages ago. It's an eBay owned company, so I trust it more than a lot of places online. I'll definitely be ordering from there again!

2. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    I recently ordered there for the first time as well. It was a book that was priced very well (8 dollars versus 30 dollars or so on Amazon). The shipping wasn't very quick, but I wasn't necessarily in a hurry and the price was worth the wait. I would definitely order from them again, and I'll certainly check out Half before Amazon and do a price comparison.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to order from Half.com years ago. I really didn't know it was still around. It sort of fell of my radar. I remember the site sold only or mostly books. They must have evolved over the years. I will have to pay them a visit.

#3Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  4. BrianDouglas

BrianDouglasNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, I have never given Half.com the time of day, but I will now! I am going to go shop there like, literally, right now lol. Thanks Blur.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I just had a look at their website, and it looks pretty good! Looks like a good place to find books at very low prices (if they're used). Do you know if they ship worldwide or just within the US?

6. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about shipping, I'm sorry! I would guess that it's worldwide because it's an eBay company, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm from the US so I haven't had reason to know different.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I have heard of this site and based on what you are saying, I think that his website is really god. For so many months that I am buying things online, I would always lean towards eBay or Amazon. Good thing that we have another option here. I will definitely check this site.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's also my first time to hear if this site. I'm kind of a bargain hunter so I'll definitely check this out. Since it is an Ebay company, does it accept Paypal payments? And also, does half.com ship internationally?

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to buy there constantly. I would get a bunch of my college books off there because it was cheaper than other sites were. I used to resell them there as well and still sell other books there when I can. I quite like them and the fees are better than Ebay itself.

10. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I had never even heard of the site before. But they seem to have some pretty good deals there. Definitely a site I'm going to keep bookmarked from now on.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember that I could request a book even if no one was selling it on the site. I would get an email later when someone listed the book I requested. I loved that feature.