Halloween City?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SEA81 • Sep 28, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    There's this little place that pops up in my town every August/September... it's called Halloween City. Does anyone else have this? Have you ever shopped there? I'm just wondering if it's worth shopping there or if their prices would be higher.

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    We have one that pops up about the same time frame every year but I have only been in it once and that was a few years ago. It seemed like a great place to get everything in one stop. Prices on certain items, like makeup and decor items were really affordable but the prices for costumes seemed a bit high. I don't know if it has changed much over the years or not Their prices may drop as you get closer to Halloween but your selection will be limited by then, too.

3. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    We also have a halloween store. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to stay open all year round. I keep meaning to go in there in like April or May to see, but I always seem to forget. lol

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't have Halloween City.

We do have two Halloween shops that pop up every year, though. One is strictly a costume shop. The other is focused on decorations, accessories, etc.

I don't think either one is worth shopping at before Halloween usually. I do shop there AFTER, though. I get things for 75% off and then can use them for the next year.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of states have these seasonal stores. Although, we do have a huge Halloween outlet that stays open year round that is right off the freeway from us. But there is alway some little abandoned store that went under because of the economy that gets rented out near Halloween (this year it is our closed down Blockbuster). They are fun to look around in, but they are usually pretty expensive. I'm glad I have most of my Halloween decorations. I just need to stock up on webs.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    Ours usually pops up in a building that has gone out of business (like this year it's in the old K-Mart building). They seem to just move right in really quickly!

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Ours is in the mall every year. I think they probably reserve ours for that time slot every year and then they move out just as quickly after. There are other seasonal stores that move in there during other times. Like at Christmas time, there's a gift exchange/drop off there usually.

8. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    Halloween is nowhere near as popular in the UK as it is in the US and that makes me sad - I would LOVE to go all out like you see some of the places in America do, with the kids trick or treating.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have a Halloween City that pops up in my city during this time of year. I've been in there and it seems to be about the same prices as all the other major party places like Party City. Accessories and props are pretty cheap, but the costumes can be more than I would like to pay.

10. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    There are two Halloween City stores that pop up here in early October. I've only checked out the one closest to my house and I didn't really notice a difference between there and other stores. I haven't been into Halloween for the last few years now so I don't really keep up with what's going on.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the pop up Halloween stores because the prices and items are too similar to items that are already in stores like Party City. Next year I'd like to try Fright Catalog because they really have some high calibur scary looking decorations, like the zombie bride head.

This year I'm keeping Halloween simple and frugal because I'm saving up to move to a new apartment.

12. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    I am in Northeast Wisconsin and we get a Halloween City as well. In my experience, the prices are sometimes higher than other local stores, but they also sometimes carry higher quality costumes/ items, along with a larger variety of costume choices without having to buy online. Check it out, maybe you will be surprised!

13. VilliamErlin

VilliamErlinNew Member

Threads:
    Halloween is such famous festival in the whole world. Here I get such nice information about halloween city. Its very interesting and enjoyable for everyone. You have done great work.

14. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    This has been my experience as well. One night thing? In my mall, where we get Halloween City, the store itself is decorated and much more fun to go through than Party City. If you're going to spend the same amount of money anyway, well, why not go to the one that feels like you're stepping into a haunted house instead of a store?