Halloween Costumes!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 5, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Do you dress up for Halloween? I just bought my nephews costumes today because I want them to experience Trick or Treat for the first time. The holiday is not observed in our country because we are predominantly Catholic. Are you going to dress up for Halloween? What will be your costume?

2. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I do dress up but I usually don't plan costumes until the last minute. I don't like to buy costumes, they are so expensive, made with cheap materials and plus size options are limited. Most of the time I use real clothes and some accessories. I'm thinking this year I might improvise a pirate costume but I'm not sure yet. My usual costume is gothic vampire or witch, which is just an excuse to get goth clothes that I love but can rarely wear or justify to buy. A few years ago I was going to a family friendly event and my partner and I went as Pepe Le Pew and Penelope the cat. We had someone make us the tails and alter some fuzzy pajamas.

3. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I do dress up for Halloween parties. I love the idea oh being something supernatural for a day and act out of being human.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Renaissance dress I made when I was 15. I will be wearing it again, for the 12th year. I love that dress so much. I don't expect I will ever make another costume. I now use it as an elf costume with my ears and circlet. It's red mostly and black and white, so I think it looks like something a Rivendell elf would wear. Hopefully I can wear just my ears and circlet to work, I don't think they would mind. It's so much fun to do something like that.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Halloween is my absolute favorite, and when I have the money/time to put some effort into it, I go all out- house decorating, dressing up, etc. I don't think we will be this year, more for financial reasons than anything else, but if I had the money to I would for sure. I was looking at a lot of fun couple's costumes this year, I found some really cool Jack & Sally Nightmare before Christmas ones, and some pretty impressive Day of the Dead style sugar skulls as well. I probably would have gone with one of the two...maybe next year.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I currently live, we do have a habit of dressing up for Halloween. We don't even celebrate Halloween a lot, maybe a party or two. However, when I lived in California we did celebrate Halloween and I did get dressed as a sailor!! It was a lot of fun!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Halloween parties are not common in our country, but in the office it is celebrated (depending on the company). There are some bars and street parties that also celebrate Halloween, but I don't really like to party. I do look forward to the creepy Halloween themed shows on tv during the season.