Halloween on a budget

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by illusion • Oct 28, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    So, this year money's a little tight for my wife and I. My son wanted to wear his Mario costume from last year, which is a little small, but he wants to make it work. For my daughter, she wanted to be Princess Peach. My wife found a really good hoop laced dress at Party City (a local store to Albuquerque, NM) for $20. For us, though, we have to go cheap. So my wife drew a giant "P" on an old shirt and covered her left eye with black make up. She told me that she's a Black eyed pea. I had to try to get a little creative so I drew the "Fe" from the periodic table of elements, including atomic number and weight, and told my wife I'm going as Iron Man. Admittedly, it's pretty silly, but when you need a costume idea, you might as well be creative or funny :)

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Those are pretty good cost effective costumes. I try to shop at the thrift store for any costume needs when I have to keep my costumes budgeted. This also goes for decorations as well. What I am having a tough time finding a cheaper solution to has always been the candy? I cannot give out tootsie rolls or cheap hard candy that goes against everything I believe in. What could be a cheap solution to that?

3. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    That's a good one. Not only is candy expensive, I saw a news report today that there's a chocolate shortage and that the chocolate candies are going to be more expensive this year. The only advice I could give on that is try to buy in bulk, like at a Costco or Sam's Club. Maybe go in with some family members and buy a large bag and then divide it up. The real problem with the candy is that no one wants to be that neighbor that never hands out anything good.