Happy Meal Toys

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Aug 19, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I honestly don't remember myself ever asking for these when I was younger, so now that I'm older I'm looking back and I'm wondering how many wonderful toys I might have missed. I did get to have a few of them, and luckily the ones I was able to get did eventually turn out to be pretty iconic which means I at least lucked out and got the few that actually were good, but I'm wondering if there were any others that were just as good or even better. I'd love to hear about the toys from other fast food chains as well, since here in my country it's pretty much just McDonald's that offer these and maybe one or two other major brands.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these regarding the variety, prices, and just anything in general, and I'm especially interested in some past ones that you might have liked more over others and maybe even speak about what your kids' current favorites are.

foodchange.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember in Hong Kong they had limited edition 'Hello Kitty' toys and they were so popular, little girls were crying if they couldn't have them. You could see children dragging their parents into McDonalds.
    The last one I had was the 'Winnie The Pooh' collection. Apparently some were hard to find, so grown men could be seen swapping them for their children to complete the collection.

I did collect them as they are exclusive and rare, maybe right now they aren't worth as much but one day who knows?

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter is a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, so her favorite Happy Meal toys were the small Sonic The Hedgehog handheld games. It's her fault that she doesn't have the whole set because I took her to McDonald's and got her the last toy in the collection, which was the Cream the Rabbit handheld game. Then we went to Walgreens and my daughter left her bag on the counter to play with a shopping cart and be annoying while I was picking up some photos from the photo counter.

By the time my daughter remembered that she left her bag on the counter, some kid had ripped it open and taken the game and the cookie. I still wonder what kind of dirty, unsanitary kid sees a used McDonald's bag on a store counter with ketchup stains and crumpled napkins and thinks "I think I'll look in that used bag to see if there's a toy and cookie in there."
    And where was the kid's parent? If I saw my kid eating a strange cookie at Walgreen's I would question it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have the Happy Meal toys that featured the McDonald's characters that came with a mini house and a little toy car inside, while the rest that they released, I forgot about them already. Oh well, I was a 90's kid, so the popular cartoon characters that time were Batman, X-Men, etc. but I can't remember McDonald's having a Happy Meal version of those cartoon characters.

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Those are actually really cute! I remember sky dancer toys, barbie toys, and hot wheels toys. There were also E.T. toys I think from Burger King though. I know McDonald's did toys for Tarzan and a lot of the other Disney movies. They did stuff with the superheroes too I believe. It as been so long since I have had a happy meal it is hard to remember. They did Polly Pocket, my little pony, and I believe they also did Hello Kitty.

6. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    What a way to encourage kids to choose unhealthy foods over the good ones. why not bring your kids to a fruit shop, allow him to identify his favorite and get him a basket full of healthy fruits.