Hard drive question

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by beccagreen • Aug 30, 2014.

1. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    As if my week couldn't get any more crappier, my tablet device broke and now my hard drive is acting up. Now I checked the drive for errors and bad sectors using the default Windows application but it didn't find any errors and it said my hard drive is fine but it's SMART status says it's failing. I can still use the hard drive but find but should I replace it already?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    If SMART says it's failing then it is. I have the same problem with my hard drive and I regretted it when I didn't replaced it. All my files, all 800GB's worth or tutorials, projects and my portfolio just went away when the drive crashed. I say start backing up your files and just replace it with a new. You can't be too careful when it comes to files that are important.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    NEVER ignore a warning. As DeathByPrayer (great name by the way) suggests you should back up your important data now, I've never replaced a tablet hard drive, but if you are wary of doing it yourself then nip round to your local shop who will do it for you and will probably get the hard drive for cheaper than you will on Ebay. :)

4. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yup hard drives are really cheap I already bought one just in case but the thing is I have a lot of data on that drive, I think I have 2TB's worth of solid data on that drive and it will take me a while to back it up and I don't want that 2TB hard drive to just go waste when I made a complete backup.