Hardees

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MizzDeeDee • Sep 28, 2013.

1. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Every time that I go into the local Hardees where I live, I just have the worse experience with their employees. It was late yesterday, and my fiancee and I just wanted to pick up something that was quick and good. As we went thru the drive-thru, the lady on the other end was clearly not listening to a word we said. She cut my fiance off when he tried to tell her what we wanted on one of the burgers, and she generally was just not paying attention.

When we got to the window, the lady at the window ignored us. No hello, no hold on a moment, no acknowledgment. She looked over, but didn't even make eye contact. She simply continued to talk to her buddy and do whatever it was that she was doing before we pulled up. She didn't even ask for us to pay!

After sitting there for literally 5 minutes with no response from the worker, my fiance looked at me and told me he was so annoyed that he wanted to just leave. So, after all of that, we literally pulled out of the line and drove across the street to McDonald's. It's actually a little sad, because I happen to think that Hardee's has better food, but their employees are just awful!

I wish I could say that it was only this particular Hardee's, but I have to admit that I've been to another Hardee's about 45 minutes away, and it's very much the same way. I have to say, my impression of them is generally negative, and anytime I go there, it just gets worse.

I know they don't get paid well, and I don't expect roses and sunshine, but listening to what I say, and an acknowledgment of my presence would be much appreciated.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    That's unfortunate that you've had that experience with them overall.....customer service is huge, even if the food is good. I've never had particularly good or bad experiences with Hardee's...always just neutral.

3. gracie

gracieMember

Threads:
    Our Customer service isn't so bad. My husband used to like their Big Roast Beef and Curly Fries but he doesn't like their burgers since they went to 'Thick Burgers' road. He misses their Super Star with cheese. it was his favorite burger.

4. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    They do not have Hardees where I live now, but when I visit my family I go there. The quality seems to be the same...consistent not great. Luckily I have not had really bad service there. If you ever go back, most have a number on the receipt to call. It's too bad if you like the food that the staff has to ruin it for you. I am sure management would LOVE to hear your experience.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Omigosh.

I'm with you on this one. I used to be a secret shopper for Hardees, and my experience was so bad, I stopped taking the jobs. I was chewed out by a manager one time for completing my assignment wrong! I thought, "You obviously have no idea what my job is, because on top of your already bad review, I'm now going to have to write down all of this."

I hope that guy got fired. Seriously. So rude.

I've been to a few locations, and it does tend to be location specific around here, but yeah, the food is not good enough for me to put up with the attitude that comes with it.

6. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I'm so glad it's just not me. I try to be understanding about it. I'm sure they're busy, and it might not be the most enjoyable job, but some level of courtesy is needed if you work with the public. A simple hello or acknowledgement would have made all the difference. I just don't get it!

7. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived in Huntsville , I sometimes went to the Hardee's there. I do think they have the best burgers, but their prices are also very high compared to some of the other hamburger franchises . Most at least offer a $1 menu, but not Hardee's .
    I had very poor service from them on several occasions, and actually left messages in the little suggestion box they had at that location, and complained how rude the help was.
    Plus, they never kept the ketchup dispenser full, and I simply can't enjoy a burger and fries with out ketchup. When I asked for some they gave me a little container of it , and said they would fill up the dispenser. All the time I was there, and they never even looked at it, so I am sure they mostly just let it get empty.

8. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

You guys still have a Hardees? I thought those places died out at least 10 years ago.:eek:

9. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:

Afraid not. They're still around, though I don't know how based on my experience. They even have some Carl's Jr. around as well. I've never had the pleasure of eating there, though if it's the same customer service as Hardee's, I'm not very interested.

10. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I am sorry to hear of your bad experience with Hardee's. It is not any fun to receive poor customer service no matter where you go. I can say my Hardee's is different. I usually go once a month, and I get good customer service. It is not the best, but the workers are friendly. The food is cooked fresh and hot. My suggestion is for you to go where you are treated well. When the Hardee's employees see they have no or little customers, they might realize they can lose their jobs and change their attitudes.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It's funny how some chain restaurants have consistently bad service even though they are all owned by different franchise owners in different locations all over the country. All the Hardee's in our area went out of business over 15 years ago, but I don't have fond memories of any of them at all. They were all dirty and the food was sub par, and sloppily cooked (fries cooked in old rancid oil, lukewarm from sitting around under a lamp, dry burger patties that had been cooked hours prior....).

Even when I compare Jimmy Johns to Subway, it's like night and day. Subway employees are always so pissed off and lethargic, and barely paying attention to anything you are saying when you place your order. Jimmy John's on the other hand is super fast and they actually smile when taking your order.

12. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    We have a Hardee's in my town and I've never really had an issues with them. But then again I usually go in the morning (I love their gravy biscuits lol) so maybe it gets worse later in the day. But my experience with them is always pretty good. Same goes for McDonald's. But the McDonald's in another town around here is awful as far as waiting goes. I don't care how little food you order and even if you are the only person there you'll wait FOREVER for your food. But other than they they are always nice.

13. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    I see that this thread has been on here for quite a while, and I was going to start a new one before I searched and found this old thread.
    We have continued to have poor quality service from the Hardee's close to us; but we have put up with it because it was the closest one, and the food was always good once you got served.
    However, the last time was just the WORST experience ever ! !
    We went inside, and the cashier totally ignored us, didn't even make eye contact, let alone say that he would be right with us to take our order.
    He stood there and took orders from the drive through while we waitied for him to at least acknowledge us, and we probably waited around 10 minutes before we just looked at each other and said it was time to just walk out.
    Even then, he didn't pay any attention to us or say he was busy and would help us as soon as possible, or anything. It was like he never even saw us standing in the store ! !
    We messaged the company on their facebook page; but who knows whether it will make any difference or not. In the meantime, I guess we wil have to either go without having a hamburger out, or we will have to drive a little further and go somewhere else.

14. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have only heard thing, and I am not even sure that I have ever even seen one. They are not in my part of the world, and I think that I am okay with that. I have heard some bad things.

15. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not that familiar with them since i have probably bought anything from them like once or twice, but a lot of people have recommended them to me and swear by their quality.

16. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    When it's time to go to ANY type of restaurant, whether it is full service or not I look for the whole package that my money is supposed to pay for.
    If the food is good but the service is lacking or the other way around, I am not getting my money's worth.

In the case of our local Hardee's, after trying them on three different occasions it would seem that the management holds the importance of employee attitudes and demeanor, on a scale of 1-10, about a negative five.
    I've been in the hospitality business for 53 years, so while I might seem a little more critical, I can spot the difference between an employee who's in the weeds and Can't give good service from that of a total waste of time and money due to the belligerent and lazy attitudes of the employees. The later is my analysis of our local Hardee's.

17. Happyflowerlady

Threads:
    This is one of the really bad things about this whole deal with Hardee's and the poor service. They actually have about the best food around for a drive-through, fast-food place. When I first went to a Hardee's, it was in Missouri, and that was the most amazing place ever !
    They had homemade fresh biscuits and their fresh peach cobbler was the best I have ever eaten ! They served the usual rundown of different hamburgers; but they also had whole meals, fried chicken, or fish. I am pretty sure that they also had a breakfast menu, although I really don't remember eating breakfast there.
    Food was awesome, and the service was fast and friendly, and it was the only place I ever went for a hamburger..... ever.
    That the company has fallen so far that even company morale is non-existent, is just a very sad thing. Hopefully, they pay attention to the complaints that they get about the service and hire some more capable managers.