Hardest Clothing items To Shop For

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jul 2, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Which clothing items do you find it hardest to shop for? I personally find it very difficult to shop for shoes because my feet are wide and most shoe sizes only go up in terms of length rather than width. I also find it hard to shop for jeans because there always seems to be something I'd need to have altered and even when I do find ones that fit just right, more often than not, it is not in one of my preferred styles. On top of that, I also kind of hate having to put on the jeans in the dressing room because I find the whole ordeal to be a bit uncomfortable and stressful, which thankfully with jeans you'd only have to go through every once in a while.

Which clothing items or accessories do you find most difficult to shop for in your life?

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like shopping for clothes, so this makes it hard for me to buy pretty much anything. I agree that shoes or footwear are the hardest category, but after some years I realized what sort of footwear I enjoy so I always go to the same store (CAT) and buy some shoes/sneakers. They are somewhat expensive, but the quality is good, so they last me 3-4 years, so they end up being cheap.

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Pants/bras/bathing suits. Bathing suits and bras because it's just very hard to find something that fits properly. But I don't them frequently enough to be TOO concerned. But Pants are a big issue for me because I'm pretty short and most pants are very very long on me. People always say I just get them tailored, but that's such a pain!

4. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I have problems with fashion. I hate when you can't find the type of clothes you enjoy to wear, instead you have to wear the clothes you hate, because it's natty at the moment. I also have problems with buying shoes because I am tall and I have very big feet.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    In my personal experience, undergarments are the hardest to shop for. In particular, I have a rough time with bras! Brands seem to think that if you are on the curvier side then you must not like fun prints and that you want to stick to the basics like black and white. Um...no. That is not me at all. I like fun, bright colors and honestly consider myself to be of average size or maybe on the small side of the "plus-size" scale. So why is it that I can't find cute bras in my size? I have to search high and low through Victoria's Secret. I have recently discovered that Jessica Simpson has a cute line of clothing for "plus-size" women so I will definitely be looking more into that in the future!

6. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    I feel the hardest items to buy are the trousers. You don't really get your size at times and it is not easy to figure out the texture of the cloth while buying online.

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I have a pretty hard time with shoes to be honest. There's just so many to choose from, and to be quite honest, once they're on my feet I never even consider what they really look like. So it's difficult for me to choose what does and doesn't look good, or what I should buy, which annoys a lot of people when I go shopping with them. "What do you think about this?" "Iunno, its fine I guess?" "What about this pair?" "Yeah they're alright"

8. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    For me it has always been jeans, I'm on the skinny side and I can never find jeans that fit perfectly, all the jeans I wear have a tendency to sag in a very unsightly way. Usually Levi's have a variety of jeans and they usually work for me, but I still think there's a pair of jeans out there that can fit me better. I'm going to keep an eye out, if you guys have any recommendations for jean companies that carry jeans for someone with really skinny legs, let me know!

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I have to say that undergarments are the hardest for me to find when shopping. You have to make sure you buy those right because you cant try them on which is a good thing and most stores dont take them back once you purchased them. So shopping for those items take a good amount of time and thought.

10. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have two items of clothing that are just impossible for me to shop for. Bras and jeans are the hardest for me to find that fit right. I could literally spend two days shopping and find nothing that fits me. I don't know why, even when I was young it was near impossible for me to find these two articles of clothing as well. Very frustrating considering these are two of the hardest.

I wear about a medium size jean, however I have very short. So I need petite pants so I don't ruin the bottoms of the pants and have to buy another pair within a month or two. Apparently every other woman in my area wears the same size, because I can never find the right size or height anywhere. Bra wise, I am well endowed, so many stores do not carry my size. I usually have to settle with a size too small. I am almost to the point of just getting stuff specially made. It would be more expensive, but at least I've be able to have the right size!

11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Well, with so many things being difficult to shop for, I would have to say shoes as well. I have wide feet that swell very easily and really have trouble fitting into the narrow shoes that seem to be trending at the moment. And the ones that they make in wide sizes aren't always that wide, and sometimes I have to go up a size. But that leaves me with the problem of the shoe then being too long. So I end up trying on a lot of pairs of shoes. Which can be quite frustrating. But you get the hang if it, the narrow get easier to recognize. My friend wanted to know if I was a "shoe physic" because I could tell by looking at so many pairs of shoes at Ross that they just weren't going to fit. No, but can tell a narrow shoe when I see one.

12. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    For me the hardest thing would be shorts and jeans.

I go to thrift stores for my shopping. I prefer Salvation Army in the ghetto of Tampa, or the ghetto of Orlando they have an amazing thrift store by Rosemont Superstop. I find $100 jeans all day for like $5. You can't beat that.

13. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    Definitely jeans and most pants. I'm fairly tall, but also skinny for my height, so the jeans that fit my length are too big in the waist and the jeans that fit my waist are too short. Coupled with the ordeal mentioned above of trying on clothes, this makes me run my jeans ragged before purchasing any more.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    From my experience, shoes are the hardest clothing items to shop for, because my feet's shoe size tends to be different in every store and shoe. I know I'm around size 8 to 9, but sometimes I also fit in a size 11 sandals!

15. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    God lingerie is so hard to shop for, right? Especially when you're trying to get some of the more high class items, for...reasons. You know what I'm talking about, some 'special' stuff that looks really good, but maybe isn't all that comfortable

16. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I would have to say any type of pants. My hips are significantly wider than my waist so I have to buy the pants to fit my hips and then decide if a tailor can take them in and if the additional expense is worth it. Once I find a brand of pants or jeans that fit I tend to buy at least 3 pairs because it can take me months to find a fit I like.