Has any order you made got stolen/lost?

Discussion in Shipping Services started by addicted_buyer • May 24, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Have you ever ordered something that never arrived home, either because it was lost or stolen along the way? This has happened to me at least 3 times in the past. When I order something without a tracking number, there are little chances that I will receive that. This is why I always add a tracking # to my orders now.

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I've ordered at least more than 50 items in the past online, and only around 3 of them had tracking numbers. I'm happy to say I've never lost a single package, ever. I'm sorry to hear about your loss of items, though.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've had a few items go missing in the past, but I've been lucky in that the companies concerned have replaced them. In fact, when I ordered something from Amazon that went missing, they sent out an immediate replacement, and asked me to let them know if the original order turned up, and they would send me a pre-paid label to return it. It didn't, but I thought it was very trusting of them, as I could have held on to the second parcel. It was a small order, and didn't require a signature.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only had one item that was never received. It was an international order so I don't know if it got lost while going through customs or not. There was no tracking number for the shipment so we'll never know what happened to it. The company was really good about refunding the money. They were willing to reship the item but I turned the offer down and got my money back instead.

5. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I have not had anything ordered online lost. I did however have a gift from a friend a couple (ok, several) states over get lost in the mail without a trace or tracking number. Rather sad considering the gift was a collectible item of sorts.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I had one package that I can remember that it was taking forever to receive it in the mail. It came with a tracking number, and I couldn't figure out why it didn't arrive. I checked my computer to see who signed for the package, and it had my neighbors signature. I quickly went next door to see if he had it, and he told me he was going to tell me there was a package for me, but he forgot.

7. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have never really had anything lost or stolen. I have had some items which were broken, but the retailer replaced them rather quickly because of the complaints I put.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I have not had an order go missing as yet. Hope to never experience it. But just to be safe, I insure any package being sent to me so that I am covered. In that way, it costs a tad more but i have peace of mind. Nowadays most of our shopping is online and even with those added costs: it is cheaper than regular stores.

9. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have a rather funny story to share. Once I got a package with cd's for a yoga lesson etc (I had ordered shampoos and stuff) and of course someone else got my order. I was not too frustrated because I was sure they would look for it as it was a big package and it seemed expensive. I returned it and then got my own, but still it was in a very bad condition. Probably from all the going around. I then thought of not ordering things at holiday season but it is not possible every time.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, unfortunately I have lost 2 items already because they were both stolen from the post office. The main post office in our country is notorious for doing this. I ordered 2 items at Ebay within an interval of 1 month, and both never arrived. Right now I'm expecting 2 items again, so I hope they won't steal it again this time.

#10Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Only once, and it was from some dealer from amazon.co.uk. They did pay me back, and some months later, i just got it. It was like a gift you know, for making me wait, i got a free product!

12. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have actually. I ordered a hard drive that was supposed to be delivered on a Monday, but when I checked the FedEx tracking number, it said Delivered when I never got it. Talking to their customer support was absolutely atrocious. They said it was 'undeliverable' which is all they said, no information given at all. I talked to Amazon customer support, and they solved it really quickly. All they did was replace it, and selected one day shipping. This is why Amazon support is great.

13. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    Once I ordered some memory, and when it arrived the envelope was open and empty. The shipping company claimed it wasn't their fault, until I pointed out the shipping weight printed on the envelope.