Has Anyone Already Watched The New Wachowski Bros. Film?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by beccagreen • Feb 28, 2015.

1. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    So Jupiter Ascending was out now and I haven't watched it. I was planning on going this week but I checked the reviews first and well, the movie is either a hit or miss. Anyone here have watched it already? Was it worth it?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hadn't heard of the movie until you mentioned it. First thing I thought before heading over to Rotten Tomatoes was these guys made The Matrix which was a great movie so obviously . . .

But having had a look at the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, I don't think the movie is all that good. Critics gave it a 23% rating. That's like one star out five.

"Pleasing to the eye but narratively befuddled, Jupiter Ascending delivers another visually thrilling misfire from the Wachowskis."

While I normally take what critics say with a grain of salt this time I think they are spot on.

3. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have watched Jupiter Ascending. I find it amusing and entertaining. I like the effects plus I like the storyline. I dont usually look at critics reviews, as long as I like the story I am going to watch it.

4. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched it yet so I don't want to push in with the reviews but from what I've heard, the movie was pushed forward earlier than expected which I think what caused the poor quality of whatever it is that went wrong. But personally, when I saw the trailer and saw Channing Tatum as the main guy I was kind of a bit weirded out by the choice.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah so I've heard. I was kind of expecting a lot from the film actually. I just watched it and to be honest it's not as great as I expected. It is indeed gorgeous to look at but the story and some parts of the script are just plain silly.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Jupiter Ascending was all right, but that movie was a gigantic financial bomb. I say was because, even though it's still in theaters, that movie is going to lose its studios millions upon millions upon millions of dollars. That move cost around $200 million to produce and market, yet it hasn't cracked $130 million worldwide. That's an amazing failure.