Has anyone given their dog Comfortis?

Discussion in Pets started by tjshort05 • Aug 19, 2012.

1. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I live in Florida where the bugs are bad. It's amazing. In Illinois we never gave our dogs medication but they never got fleas- ever! In Florida it's just the opposite. I have to make sure I have it on hand. I was wondering how the chewable tablets Comfortis works for your dog? And what is the good or bad parts about giving it over the topical type.

2. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I live in FL as well and the fleas get worse every year; I can barely let my dog out. My sister loves Comfortis but there is something about it that really doesn't sit right with me.

3. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I can testify to the fleas in Florida as well. I don't know about Comfortis either, but the fleas can get so out-of-hand that I will think long and hard about getting another dog while I live here. I wish they had left the original Advantix as it was, because that seemed to work extremely well. Since they changed to this second version, the results have been pretty much non-existent. They say to wait up to 4 weeks for it to work? In the meantime I have to give my dog a bath every other day because he scratches non-stop.

4. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    My stepmother and her daughter used Comfortis to handle fleas a while ago. They swear up and down by it but I've never used it myself so I can't really give an accurate judgement on it. However, everything is worth a try, isn't it?

5. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think I will give it a try. The thing that I wasn't sure about was that your dog has to have a check up by the vet in order to take it. You don't have to do that for the topical ones. I'm sure the vet will say it's safe and has been tested many times and used all the time, etc. So why do they have to have a check up to see if they're healthy for it? Is it harder on their bodies? My dog has been sensitive to other oral medications too. I will ask the vet when I go, but was wondering if anyone else has used it.