Has anyone purchased digital movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by classy_ally • Jun 12, 2012.

1. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I bought a DVD on eBay once, Red Riding Hood. And it came with a digital version too. I didn't understand what that meant at the time. But now that I see Walmart offering to transfer your movies to digital, I get it.

What you do think of digital movies? Is it the new thing? Will it be cheaper than DVD's?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about digital downloads? If so, I have no problem with digital movies, in fact I would prefer them. Since there are very few movies that I would buy physically or otherwise, if it's all digital, I don't have to worry about finding a place to put them on my shelves. It won't throw off the look of what I do have on my racks. Now, I really have no desire to step into the digital world for video games, but it looks like I won't have a choice after a while.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I haven't. I have watched movies online and I suppose rented them before, but I haven't actually bought any digital movies that I could watch repeatedly later. I think it's a good idea, but just not one I'm personally in need of currently.

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any digital downloads if that's what you mean. I only have VHS and DVD now. Other than that I have viewed Netflix streaming movies online. That's about it.

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    The only digital films I have now are ones that came with the physical DVDs. For a time I did have a lot of um had lots of digital files, but my other laptop crashed like a diabete's bloodsugar when the Krispy Kreme "Hot Doughnut" sign clicks on.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I prefer to stick with streaming sites. For a few bucks a month I have access to all the movies I want. Several of my hard drives have failed recently and I lost a lot of music and movies - so now I don't trust them so much any more. If I have to keep buying drives and backup drives for all these movies that can add up - only to loose it all if they fail on me. Plus, it's nice to be able to login to your Netflix account when you're visiting somewhere else, instead of lugging hard drives around with you.

I did buy Louis CK's comedy special last year though, in support of him for bypassing the traditional route. It was only $5 and well worth it.

7. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought only one so far on Amazon. They keep it in your personal account on Amazon so you can access it from any computer, not just your own. This also helps out if something ever does happen to your computer before you buy a new one. You have to have the internet to access it of course and it's nice to have cables to attach to a tv if you want to watch it that way. My dad has a lot of movies and tv series in his Amazon account and he will hook up his iphone to the tv for us to watch them when he visits.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a digital download on Amazon. I didn't know it even existed until you made this thread. Now that you said something about them, I'm going to go check them out. There's just one question I have is does it take a long time to download? If it does I don't want to wait, and how is the quality is it HD or does it look all grainy?

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a digital movie yet, but with so many sites that offer free streaming of movies, I doubt that buying digital movies will be popular in the future. I do intend to buy an mp3 at Amazon though, because that mp3 is hard to find and is part of a movie soundtrack.

10. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    I bought a few movies over itunes, but mostly I just use netflix now since that's unlimited streaming for the month. I don't often rewatch movies, so netflix makes more sense.