Has anyone seen the Conjuring?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by wowtgp • Sep 9, 2014.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I am surprised as to how did this movie manage to went under my radar. I am a big horror movie fan who rarely misses out on a horror movie. But this one went under the radar somehow. I wouldn't have seen this movie if it wasn't for one of my friends who brought the DVD home., We were drinking and watching this movie together in the middle of the night. Wow! It was spooky to say the least. Have you guys also watched this movie?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't watched it full detail but I did see glimpse of it. The critics are all over that movie and it had some pretty good ratings. I asked my friends about that movie and they say it was a good.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had it in my pc's hard drive for months now, but I'm too busy to even find time to watch a movie. I was able to watch the 1st 5 minutes though and I'm not really that intrigued yet, but when I do have spare time I will watch it and I'll tell you what I think of the movie.

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I did not watch The Conjuring. Not only did it look super frightening, but I heard that at the entrance of the theaters showing The Conjuring, there were priests ready to perform exorcisms for people who were too scared. For a movie to be that scary...? I'm never going to watch it.

5. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I have watched it and I must say among all the crappy horror movies that came and went it was a refreshing and very good take of the genre, you don't see that much horror movies that are really good these days.

6. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I am glad to see someone here who has watched the movie. I ma glad you agree with me on this movie. For those who haven't watched it, you should definitely watch it. You don't know what you are missing on.

7. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've seen The Conjuring ages ago and i must say it was pretty scary. It's really scary and some scenes would really give you nightmares. I was actually surprised to find out that person who directed the movie was also the same person who directed INSIDIOUS which was also one of my favorite horror movies. I'm planning to watch The Conjuring again soon and hopefully I'd still be terrified of it like i i was the first time I've watched it. :p

8. JoshPosh

JoshPoshBanned

Threads:
    One of my top picks for best new horror movie. It was creepy and the ending credits with the pictures of the real people was a good touch.

9. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    It's honestly pretty good. My boyfriend and I don't like scary movies but decided to give this one a try and we watched it during the middle of the day (yes we're scaredy cats). It's only predictable during SOME parts of it but there were DEFINITELY some plot twists that I did not expect . I'd probably watch the movie again...you know, in daylight :)

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't even really like horror movies, but there are some exceptions. This will never be one of those. I will not watch this ever, at least, not intentionally. If it's on TV and I happen upon it, I might take a look. I won't enjoy it, that's for sure.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have seen it once, twice, thrice, until I couldn't count how many times I have really watched it. Even after having it watched multiple times, it still makes me freaked out. Some don't find it at all scary. But for me, the movie is just so effective to make me blow out and cringe on the couch. It's among the horror films to recommend.

12. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think the movie was quite good, but from all the trailers and promos I expected it to be much more better. There were a certain parts of the movie that was really scary and made me jump out of the seat, but other than that it was quite an okay movie. It was an average movie that any age group could watch and enjoy it.

13. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have. Twice. Even if I watched it twice already, I still get scared especially the hide and go clap scenes. They are just so creepy. My nephew even got sick after watching this. It was so weird.

14. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I seen the movie last year in theatres. I waited about 2 weeks before I went because I hate big movie crowds. The movie was okay but I wasn't incredibly spook by it. Some of the experiences the family went through in the film are similar to the ones I had. So in a sense it sort of confirm my suspicion on interacting with the spirit world. For example, the bad smell indicated a spirit was around or hearing voices and seeing imagery at night. I have experience this many times and still do. Overall, the film was entertaining.

15. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have seen The Conjuring and it's one of the most creepy, ominous and spookiest horror films to come out in many years. I really enjoyed how the director James Wan weaved the story and gave it a great pace with a build-up of events which equally had me covering my eyes out of legitimate fear, much thanks to the dark tone and mood. I don't expect to see another horror movie on the level of The Conjuring for a good while. So yes, I cast my vote in favor of The Conjuring. It's a fantastic horror film.

16. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I have seen that movie and it is so good! Man was it scary though! I was terrified but I love scary movies that have a great end to them. I like to go to bed after scary movies instead of staying up being scared. I was scared but I kept reminding myself that it had a happy ending. I totally recommend the Haunting movies. They too are just as scary with also great endings.

17. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    I saw it just the other day, it was one great movie and it got to me. I was terrified when the mom took the daughters back to the house. Anyway, great movie I really loved it.