Has Anyone Signed Up for AdvertWorld?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by jneanz • Sep 5, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I subscribed to this place through a posting forum and I hope to never have this experience again. For one, they used my email to solicit other services. Not the worst things but I would have liked to have received a heads up.

The other matter was their requirements which was to write five posts after signing up. The first problem I have was that there were barely enough topics (and I say this as a Marketing major) to comment or create a thread. I did the best I could with what I had to work with aside from the fact that the forum was not easy to navigate either.

When it came time for reviews, I got a serious lashing that brought my average down. The first and hopefully the last, as all content is written in clear English, has no profanity or flaming, and is at least 3 paragraphs. This person got really picking and finished with something like 'If this happens again, you will be kicked off the site'.

Problem is, they never said what I did wrong - or right, for that matter.

So I get emails stating that the site is now called myBBworld. Then a week or so later, there was an email stating that the site was for sale and that someone else may be able to run it better. Okay, maybe it's not me because this has happened all in less than one month. They joined, changed their name, became inactive,now it has gone under.:eek:

2. dannyluke1

dannyluke1Active Member

Threads:
    Never heard of the site until today. But here's my two cents: it's never a good idea to sign up with a website that has just launched and raise your expectations too high. There are a lot of scammers out there whose main strategy is to build sites in mass then shut them down in a moment after they've achieved a short term goal. This short term goal can range from amassing email addresses or stealing articles from writers.

A few months back, I witnessed a website get launched, attract dozens of writers to churn out content on various topics, then shut down without any notice or warning. Of course, the hundreds of articles that were published on the site were taken away as well. As to what happened to these stolen articles, the scammer may be reselling it via an ebook or something.

The bottomline: there are a lot of scammers out there. Always be vigilant when signing up with any new site or program.

3. Frendminge

FrendmingeNew Member

Threads:
    Internet scam is increasing day in and day out. We have to be very careful which websites we are visiting and if we should really give out our email address.