Has Anyone Tried A Pushup Bra?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by suegiplaye • Aug 2, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I do not have much going on in my chest area. It seems like it is a hot trend these days to wear a push up bra. What is your opinion? Have you ever tried to buy a push up bra? Was it expensive? Was it comfortable. Just wish my body looked more like a adult and less like a teenager.

2. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a b-cup chest and normally, I either go braless or wear a wireless comfortable bra style. A few years ago, I was poking around the clearance racks at a kmart and picked up this pushup bra with a 2-cup boost. It makes my chest look pretty amazing and it makes me smile to wear it for a few hours. My husband likes it too. I now have three of them and I still smile and get a confidence boost when I put one on. I like wearing them for a little while but I have also gotten good at stripping them off from under my shirts when the novelty wears off. You won't know whether you like them until you try one but sometimes you can find them inexpensively to give them a try.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    30C checking into the Itty Bitty Titty Committee - I enjoy push-up bras, but it’s extra important to get the fit right. With the +4 measurement method I was a 34A and that was all sorts of wrong; the bands were gigantic and I could never fill the cups. Now that I’ve gotten myself into better-fitting bras, I actually fill them out, the bands don’t slide around, and I get more of the proper effect from push-up bras. It’s amazing. Plus I got mine on sale, so they didn’t put me out too badly.

That said, if you aren’t one of the sizes commonly carried in brick-and-mortar stores, it may get a bit pricey to find one. Not to mention they’re not something recommended for everyday wear. I go braless when I can get away with it, or I’ll wear a bralet or bandeau with a bit of a lining. It depends on what I’m wearing. But I do like having the option of push-up bras in my collection.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I have the bad luck to find push-up bras on my way, and sincerely I don't need one of these.

I am in the 38-DD club, and can't tell you how I look into a pushup-bra being this big. I tried it once, just out of curiosity, and still is somewhere in my closet. Never use it really.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me LOL I have too much up there to wear a push up bra. I know some women would see this as a blessing, but I actually wish I were smaller. So I'm not just about to wear a bra that highlights just how big of a chest I have. I prefer to go the other way and wear minimizer or T-shirt bras. The most adventurous I'll go is balconette bras.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like several others who've posted above, I have a lot up top, so don't need the type of push up bra you're talking about. However, I do have a couple of non-traditional push up bras that work really well for those who're well endowed. They're called posture bras, and they have a wider band and X on the back, to give added support, since those puppies weight quite a bit. Women with large breasts often develop back and neck issues, which is why this type of bra was created, and the added support does tend to push the breasts up, and minimizes the hunching that often occurs, due to the weight of the breasts when they're not well-enough supported.

7. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Did you read the french study that says bra's actually contribute to sagging??
    Gotta love the French! Who else would conduct a study like that?

8. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I have actually heard that bras contribute to sagging because I watch a popular Youtube singer and she used to be just a preteen with a wonderful voice. Now she is a teenager with a wonderful voice and boobs and she refuses to wear a bra. When asked about it she said bras contribute to sagging and supposedly even breast cancer.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Push up bras can make you feel good, but it's all about comfort and support. I have friends like you who ended up getting enlargements, but is it also about self confidence? Surely as long as you look in proportion it's better?

I mean a skinny person with huge boobs looks wrong and people will always think it's a job. Is it vanity too? Being a GG I have more issues to make mine look less noticeable.

10. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I would never take enlargement pills or get cosmetic surgery or anything like that. I feel like that is taking it too far. You should never go to the extremes of cutting up your skin or taking pills that may have side effects only to suffer the consequences later on in life. Just wear clothes that flatter your body.

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:

At 32B, I'm a member of the IBTC too! All of my bras are push-ups and I'm even wearing one in my profile pic. I need all the help I can get but I wouldn't consider surgery. I've seen too many documentaries where they show you what happens during the operation and it put me right off.

12. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    We’re sister sizes then; some 32Bs will fit me, but it depends on the brand and style of bra. It’s an easier size to find in the shops but much more difficult to find a good fit. Bra shopping, what a nightmare sometimes, haha.

Surgery would never be an option for me either. I’ve had moments of insecurity about my assets or lack thereof, but those have passed and they certainly weren’t enough to justify such a risky venture. Even if I could afford it, there are so many other things I’d rather spend my money on.

13. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I should probably invest in a push up bra or two but I'm always worried that it would be a huge waste of money. I'm running for president of the IBTC at 32A but like many others have said, I don't think I would go through with breast augmentation surgery. At this point in my life, I just don't have the funds to not only get the surgery but to sit idly in recovery while it heals. That's a lot of money and time that I don't have. My chest does cause me a lot of insecurity as I do tend to look more like a teenager boy more than anything. Bra shopping is such a nightmare for me because I never know if the bra will actually fit me properly. The most comfortable bra I have is a demi-wired bra and I think it's really similar to a push up so I don't think a push up bra would be too uncomfortable for me personally.

14. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Before, I loved wearing wired and push up bras. But when I got pregnant and gave birth, I just cannot be comfortable in bras like these. I had given up on my old bras since they are all wired and small for me already (benefit of breastfeeding lol). I love wearing non wire bras nowadays! It just provides comfort and I actually do not feel wires poking me anymore lol. I do not get those bra lines anymore too!

15. Diane Lane

Threads:
    OMG I HATE underwire with a passion. It's all I used to wear, but then I must have bought a bad batch of them, and the underwire would come out and poke me directly in my skin. I would get instant migraines when that would happen, and I swore off underwire for good. There are new styles that have added support underneath and in the sides, so the wire isn't needed. I'm not a fan of metal near my skin anyway, and wouldn't doubt that underwire contributes to cancer and other conditions.

16. Briannagodess

Threads:
    Yes I hate when that happens lol! But before I used to wear them because they provide such a nice form. When I use non wire bras before, I got the cheap ones that does nothing for my boobs and I have non existent ones before beig pregnant lol. I agree with you that the new styles of non wire bras now are better since they provide support and form just like wired bras. And yeah cancer is also linked to bra usage especially wired ones. If only I could go braless but my husband would kill me.

17. Diane Lane

Threads:
    ;) You mean he'd kill you if you went braless when others were around? I'm so glad that companies have started working to create decent wireless bras that still provide support and give a streamlined and 'raised' look. Droopy boobs do not look attractive, and make you look older. I think maybe some women are working on development, or at least I like to think that is why better designs seem to be becoming more common.

18. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always had an abundance of chest. In fact, I hit puberty earlier than everyone else in my peer group, so I was sort of made fun of for it a little, and by my teacher at the time too, which then of course okayed it in the eyes of my peers, who were as thin and curveless as toothpicks. But I have tried a push-up bra to make my chest area appear more pert, but never really felt comfortable. It wasn't too expensive, so maybe that is why it wasn't very comfortable for me.

19. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    Will that really make you feel confident ?

20. Briannagodess

Threads:
    Lol yeah! Hahaha. Oh I hate having droopy boobs too that is why I resorted to wired bras before. It looks especially weird when I am wearing plain shirts and I do not wear a nicely supporting bra. Well that was before because non wired bras then are really trash. But now I especially love non wire bras especially Hanes. They give support and comfort. I can wear them all day without feeling itchy or suffocating lol. What is your favorite non wire bra brand?