Has anyone tried Dermablend???

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nash22 • Aug 1, 2014.

1. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Has anyone had any good experiences with the product Dermablend leg and body cover? I am going to a wedding tomorrow and I have a scars on my leg and I want to cover it up.

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I've used it for my face and it does the job of covering up scars and blemishes. As far as other parts of the body go, the only thing I can recommend is going to a department store or ULTA and testing a sample before buying. Also, in order for this stuff to really work, Dermablend comes with powder that helps it to stay in place throughout the day,

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never tried Dermablend, but I think I've seen some commercials, although it's been quite a while. @jneanz@jneanz how does it feel on your skin? Does is feel the same as other concealers, or is it heavier? It seems to glide over the skin smoothly on the commercials, but seems as if it must be thicker than many of the other concealers I've seen, since it is shown covering large patches of skin, and dark spots.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Diane,

From what I remember, it is heavier than most concealers. Recently, I bought a Stila makeup set and though the foundation and concealer are heavy, I'd say Dermablend is heavier. If a person has the time and patience to apply the setting powder (sold separately), a little can go a long way. However, if a person is used to only taking a swipe at the concealer pot with their index finger, they will have some work ahead of them. Or they can chance having that "makeup look" on their face. And it does run and get on other surfaces, especially on a hot day.

5. Diane Lane

Threads:
    Eww, running and getting on other surfaces is not a good thing in the intense heat of Southeast Texas, where Summer lasts pretty much 7-8 months out of the year! You're talking about the Dermablend running, right? How did you like the Stila, did it do the job, and was it a one step or two (or more) step process? I'm much more likely to use a one step product, if possible.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really care for Stila. For a $50 set, I should at least appreciate it but I have to accept that I am a hard match. However, Stila works on hot days because I tan quickly and the set is darker than my natural skin tone. I ended up getting bare minerals in a concealer and liquid makeup.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    It's funny that you mentioned tanning easily. I wouldn't say I necessarily tan easily, because it took a concerted effort to achieve a tan when I lived in Massachusetts, but here in Texas, it seems I tan more easily, probably because the sun is so strong, and I'm out in it more of the year. As a result, I usually end up needing 2 different colors of concealer and liquid makeup, one for the 'Summer' which lasts forever here and the other for the Winter, which is much shorter. I also seem to be a difficult match, which is why once I find products that work for me, I tend to re-purchase them. Unfortunately, it seems more and more companies are changing formulas and colors pretty frequently these days, which makes it harder on people like us.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been wanting to try their face foundation for a couple years now, but I find it a little too pricey where I live. I have never heard of this one for your body, but if it does cover I would say it's good!