Has anyone tried McDonalds Bacon Clubhouse burger???

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JoanMcWench • Mar 20, 2014.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I don't rush out to eat fast food. Especially McDonalds. I do, however, love to try new things. That's how they keep pulling me back into the fast food game: New items.

So, McDonalds is moving back to artery clog land with this new burger (McDonald's description): "Thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, caramelized grilled onions, white Cheddar, crisp leaf lettuce and fresh tomato, all lovingly layered on a quarter pound of 100% Pure beef, then topped with Big Mac special sauce. Served on our artisan roll."

To me it seems like they are utilizing ingredients they already have for other items. If memory serves they have a sandwich on the dollar menu with white cheddar and grilled onion. The Big Mac sauce is on the Big Mac. I can only see the roll and bacon being new items. Unless the roll is that used with the 'artisan' chicken sandwich and the bacon is the same as on other bacon laden sandwiches?

Anyone tried it yet? Is it worth the price or trip?

2. tinyfang

tinyfangMember

Threads:
    Wow. I have never heard of that before. Is it a USA McDonald's burger? I noticed that USA McDonald menus are a little different than Canadian ones. It sounds very yummy though. I rarely eat junk/fast food, so I wouldn't mind having one of that once every now and then.

3. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried it actually!
    It's.... exactly what you would expect :)
    The main difference I noticed to other McDonald's burgers is how heavy it felt, heavier than a Big Mac, which has two patties, almost like a Burger King burger.
    But it's very good, but obviously very unhealthy for you.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I actually tried this burger lastnight and I can say it really good . I actually order the chicken clubhouse and they gave me the burger by mistake But I can say I was not disappointed it was really good . The bread was really good and tasted great. Then they have where you can get the free fry and drink with it if you order the sandwich by itself which cost 4.79 which is like getting a meal anyway.

5. Scottf13

Scottf13Member

Threads:
    It is without a doubt, an excellent burger. As far as it being unhealthy... Everything is unhealthy if eaten too often or to the exclusion of everything else. Once a month would not be an issue, maybe even one a week. People who live off the McDonalds menu might need to consider other alternatives... and fast.