Has anyone tried the IRIS home security system that interfaces with your phone?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by justusforus • Oct 19, 2013.

1. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I just saw an infomercial where you can set up alarm, security cameras, turn on lights and heaters all through your phone or any computer. It looks quite secure and the basic set up was under 300 dollars. I am not sure if they are hidden charges or how well it works. I believe it is available through Lowes home stores. Any one have any information?

2. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I work at Lowes, and the new system is on display at the store. It is a new product that is now being carried in the stores. There should be an informational video playing. It just came out this past month so it is a new product. I have not heard any feedback yet since it is so new!

3. Buckeye

BuckeyeNew Member

Threads:
    I've been considering something like this for when I move. Being able to unlock the door remotely appeals to me, as people get locked out and not having to return back home to let them in would be great. Warming the house or turning the air conditioner own before you get home is also an attractive option. Is there a monthly fee or do you control everything yourself? I would assume it would be set up in a way that you could remotely contact law enforcement the way you can with a regular security system?