Has Anyone Used 1800-Flowers . . . ?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AnonaMoss • May 19, 2012.

1. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Or any other online floral companies? I was in the market to buy flowers for a family member who lives in another state, but I read somewhere that the flowers were not as pictured on the website. If you've ordered from an online florist, please share your review.

2. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    My in-laws ordered flowers from them for my brothers funeral. The flowers were nice, but definitely not worth the amount of money they ended up paying for the flowers. So I would have to say they are good for the speed and ease of use, but not for the actual quality.

3. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have ordered from 1-800-Flowers before, though it was a few years back. A few years back, my grandmother and I ordered a bouquet for my mother, for her birthday. We pretended to forget her birthday, so when the flowers arrived at the door she would be surprised.

When I made this transaction, I was pleased with it. The bouquet looked how it was pictured, the shipment date was accurate, everything went smoothly. My only complaint would be the prices are higher than the florists in my hometown. Though, I must admit, the higher pricers were what I was expecting when ordering flowers online.

4. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    It was a couple of years ago that my husband did it for me and the flowers were actually beautiful. Everybody at work laughed because they said "wow, we didn't think flowers from a box would look so nice!"; but they were in great quality and looked just like they were supposed to. I have only had that one interaction with it though, so I can't really say that every time it is like that; but our experience was great!

5. Maverickhope

MaverickhopeNew Member

Threads:
    My experience with them is also somewhat limited, but the flowers were great and actually lasted a week. Now certain ones on the web site say something about depending on local florist.. these are the ones I hear the most complaints about. Only certain florists actually carry the vases, or other decorations, the order is prepaid and sometimes they could care less how the finished product looks. I will say this I would definately make a complaint so that the company you order through can handle the situation.

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    What I do instead is look up a local florist in that person's area. That way, I can speak to them personally on the phone and avoid paying extra money to somewhere like 1-800 when that money can be going to a local business. I prefer talking to someone and letting them know exactly what I would like. Pay with a credit card over the phone (if trusted) and voila!

7. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like giving my credit card information over the phone, but thanks for the suggestion!

8. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I've used pro-flowers and 1800 flowers. Personally I have never had a bad experience. The flowers dont always come open or "bloomed" but in bud form. If they will come in bud form it says it on the item description before you confirm your purchase so that may be something to watch out for. I have honestly loved all the arrangements I have ordered and with their next day service its a great gift for emergency situations!